GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

E-ACCA or Cars245 - Clubsport muffler

MikeMK7

Ready to race!
Which site should I buy the clubsport s muffler off of e-acca or Cars245? I'd like to know which site ships quicker. Hopefully the demand for these died down a little. I remember a year and a half ago people waited an absurd amount of time to get their muffler from e-acca. Any advice?

And if not a clubsport any other alternatives. I really just need an axleback.

buccad

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI Autobahn
I bought mine from cars245, got it within a month. Super pleased with it

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
I bought mine from cars245, got it within a month. Super pleased with it

Part of me really wants to do this, but a friend who's my age and shares same tastes as I, told me it was too loud for his day to day.

Everything I read is always about how "awesome" it sounds. But people say that about the loudest exhausts out there too. What is your opinion.

Sorry to hijack OP. Most folks I've heard of getting their through Cars245.

buccad

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI Autobahn
It’s something you’d have to hear in person, videos don’t really do it justice. It is definitely louder than stock, but after warmup it quiets down nicely if you’re just putting around in D. Once you get to about 3k rpm’s and valve lift, the sound opens up quite a bit. I don’t really get all the burbles and pops others noted on decel, but I can get some nice cracks on a high rpm upshift

MikeMK7

Ready to race!
I used to run dp with muffler delete until I got sick of all the raspiness and difficulty of keeping it calm. I thought it sounded “awesome” but I felt bad for my neighbors because cold starts were ear-piercing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Last edited:

Sub-to-Dub

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport 6MT
I ordered mine last year from E-acca and got it in a little over two weeks.

Here was my timeline last year:
Nov 29 - paid/order placed online
Dec 1 - "order received by us"
Dec 13 - shipped out via FedEx to my address
Dec 16 - arrived at my door on the east coast (1 day early!)

My understanding is that E-ACCA never really has any of the Clubsport S mufflers in stock so they order them as needed from the supplier. The muffler gets delivered to E-ACCA and is then packaged up and shipped out to you.

Can't comment on Cars245 but I imagine its a similar process and timeline.

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Got mine from E-ACCA's eBay storefront. Ordered on June 6 and it arrived on July 18th. Granted it's now up for sale on my thread, but that was my original shipping timeframe.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40313

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Part of me really wants to do this, but a friend who's my age and shares same tastes as I, told me it was too loud for his day to day.

Everything I read is always about how "awesome" it sounds. But people say that about the loudest exhausts out there too. What is your opinion.

Sorry to hijack OP. Most folks I've heard of getting their through Cars245.

You’ll be all right with just the CSS muffler. Its when you pair it up with a DP it gets too loud. Honestly the stock exhaust is barely noticeable. The CSS lets you hear the exhaust but its not loud enough to make you feel self conscious.

The DP + stock cbe option isnt ideal for everyone. Not everyone likes the note it produces, to me it sounds hollow and more mid tone than low. Plus theres the potential of throwing a CEL and depending where live, swapping out the DP for an emissions test isnt worth the hassle.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
You’ll be all right with just the CSS muffler. Its when you pair it up with a DP it gets too loud. Honestly the stock exhaust is barely noticeable. The CSS lets you hear the exhaust but its not loud enough to make you feel self conscious.

The DP + stock cbe option isnt ideal for everyone. Not everyone likes the note it produces, to me it sounds hollow and more mid tone than low. Plus theres the potential of throwing a CEL and depending where live, swapping out the DP for an emissions test isnt worth the hassle.

So if someone (like myself :D) had a catless down pipe and was looking to expand on that for better tone and sound while keeping things farily civil under 3k rpm, what would be recommend? I have considered throwing on the vibrant resonator with a borla catback, but don't want it to be too much when I'm not hard on the gas.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but it felt relevant as I have also considered just throwing a CSS on the end and calling it a day, but people are saying it's too much with a down pipe.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
So if someone (like myself :D) had a catless down pipe and was looking to expand on that for better tone and sound while keeping things farily civil under 3k rpm, what would be recommend? I have considered throwing on the vibrant resonator with a borla catback, but don't want it to be too much when I'm not hard on the gas.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but it felt relevant as I have also considered just throwing a CSS on the end and calling it a day, but people are saying it's too much with a down pipe.

GTI Jake has a vibrate kit you could try with DP and CSS.
FYI.

MikeMK7

Ready to race!
If anyone is concerned about being too loud with a downpipe, the vibrant 17930 resonator (in place of the stock resonator) is the only way to go.

It seems mostly everyone on the forums like the more toned down setups which I cant blame, to each his own. For me, I ran the vibrant 17930 with a muffler delete and apr dp and I thought it was too tame. It had a really nice growl when you punched it and when on the highway driving steady you couldn’t even tell It was an aftermarket setup. Thats how well that resonator works.