GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Labor Cost Question

jhileman79

Ready to race!
I am considering upgrading to IS38 turbo. I called my local shop and they said labor for the IC is $300 and the turbo swap is $500.
I am not sure if that is high, low or fair. Anyone want to chime in who has experience.
Thanks for the help!!

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
No clue, but sounds fair to me. What model IC are you getting? If it's a FMIC then maybe it's a little high, but to replace the stock location one, it's a lot of work.

Turbo labor seems fair IMO.

jhileman79

Ready to race!
No clue, but sounds fair to me. What model IC are you getting? If it's a FMIC then maybe it's a little high, but to replace the stock location one, it's a lot of work.

Turbo labor seems fair IMO.

I was looking at the APR IC. It seems like it does a good job!! And living in the humid south I need all the help I can get:)

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Yes, you can read the intercooler thread going around if you want some data I've been running today, but the APR is a good one especially if you're thinking of running meth or e85. Good chance I'll be going with the same :) If you don't plan on running meth or e85, Unitronic is a good choice as well but is pretty close to being maxed out on an IS38.

The price for either IC install for $300 seems fair.

drrck

Go Kart Champion
That's cheap money IMO. Think how long you would spend doing it and what your day job hourly rate is. I'd pay that for sure.

jhileman79

Ready to race!
Thanks for the insight guys. They are a good shop and an APR dealer so I know they do quality work!!

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Personally my APR Intercooler install was around $300 and IS38 around $600, so that sounds pretty good.