GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front quarter panel window tinting

Jacks996

Car(s)
Porsche Carrera 4 &
Had mine done by Accutint in Bellevue WA and they did not charge extra to do the triangles.. they just put the Tint on the Outside... and it looks great. Do not know if the winter cold or summer heat would make a difference to the outside vs Inside. FormulaONE Pinnacle Film Dealer. My third project with them and very happy.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Posting images on this forum is such a PIA!!! How are people doing it? Try'd imgur and imgBB neither are working, and I know Photo Bucket sucks.

My images are just a broken gray square, I dunno what the deal is...

Anyways... Vinyl was the best option for me.

Make sure you select “full linked” like this

RRF985

Passed Driver's Ed
The tint shop I used pulled the a-pillars to get to the small windows. I even offered for him to just leave them untinted but he said it’s a pain but he’s done it before. It turned out looking great. OP if you haven’t, I’d check with APtinting in Sykesville, MD. Before I moved to Atlanta, I used them for 3 cars and they were the nearest shop to me with Llumar. I’d be surprised if they can’t or won’t do the quarter windows.

Soldat1988

Passed Driver's Ed
My guy here in Silicon Valley does them. No extra charge. No trim removal. No questions asked. If anyone tells you they want to do either of those things they aren’t good enough.

I’m used to most everything in my area being “not good enough”. That’s just the way it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
I’m used to most everything in my area being “not good enough”. That’s just the way it is.

I never could find a recommendation or review for a consistently good tint shop when I lived in southeastern PA... along with mediocre businesses in many other areas too. I understand.

Soldat1988

Passed Driver's Ed
Update: Got windows tinted minus the small front windows about two weeks ago. They looked great. Then totaled (most likely) my car on Tuesday. So worth it.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
My shop said they "can't" - I didn't care. You can't tell they aren't tinted.

tknj99

Ready to race!
I also fall into the "shop couldn't do it from the inside camp".. i thought it would bother me but hasn't and i'm happy with the result.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
Update: Got windows tinted minus the small front windows about two weeks ago. They looked great. Then totaled (most likely) my car on Tuesday. So worth it.

Damn dude sorry to hear that. Hope you're still in one piece at least.

Gr33nBunny

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE 6mt
My tint shop was able to do it without removing anything. They said it was a pain in the ass, but they were able to do it.

I'm good friends with the owner of the shop who did my tint and roof vinyl, he mentioned how much of a pain they are to do and apparently many shops in the area won't do them, some will put vinyl on the outside if so desired, but some people have come to him for no other reason than other tint shops sent him the business due to that window.

I helped with the tint and vinyl install. I understand why some shops refuse to do it.

CKIVSEPA

Passed Driver's Ed
Edit: i'm in the philly area got the percent I asked for [emoji6]

I'm looking to tint. I live near Exton, in Chester County. Do you use/know a quality tint shop out my way?