GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 Golf GTI Autobahn Deal

carspn

Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
I'm looking at this car to buy and I'm curious if it's a quality deal:
http://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/5614041
I test drove the car last night and I fell in love. I've never owned a GTI but I know this is absolutely the car I want. For the miles, is it a good price? What type of life expectancy should I be looking at?

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Most people here would recommend a 2016 or later MY. Infotainment and several other updates were done from 2015 MY. If you use the search function, there is plenty of info about that.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
As someone with a red headed left behind bastard 2015 model, get a 2016+.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

carspn

Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
My issue honestly comes down to price. This car is at least $6k cheaper than the nearest base 2016+ model. I'm not too worried about the infotainment screen, I'd use the bluetooth with my phone anyways. The only thing I'm somewhat nervous about is the mileage. But it's in great condition and the owner has added some decent stuff to it.

cb1111

I'd be concerned about the aftermarket headlights. There is a reason for that. Either there was an accident or there are many more mods.

I know of nobody who would change headlights and not make any other mods.

In theory, that car cannot legally be registered as the the headlights are non-conforming, but few inspection stations will check for that - although the tint on the headlights may draw attention.

carspn

Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
It's a non-PP non-LP autobahn? meh. Awfully high priced for 86k miles. Keep looking.
We've negotiated down to $13,500. From what I can tell, it does has the LP. It had the red ambient lighting on the doors (which is part of the LP, right?). Would that still be high?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
We've negotiated down to $13,500. From what I can tell, it does has the LP. It had the red ambient lighting on the doors (which is part of the LP, right?). Would that still be high?

It has aftermarket headlights. The real LP have red lines in them to match the grill and they swivel when you turn. Also, they have cornering lamps that fire up when you go to make a turn from a stop or when backing up and turning.

Upside of those aftermarket is two LEDs for DRLs. Looks like the have LED blinkers too. They do look nice.

carspn

Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Yeah I like the lights quite a bit. I feel like $13,500 could be a decent price, but the miles scare me.