GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unitronic cold air intake

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Never seen the APR in person.
I purchased the front collector Uitronic front duct from a forum member to run with OE box. I like it. I think the Unitronic looks better but costs more of you buy the whole set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Carbon Fiber is expensive and may not offer much more flow but I notice my carbon fiber pieces do not hold heat as much as other materials under the hood. Plastic gets so hot you can not touch it after opening the hood but I can place my hand on CF and it is only warm.
Not sure if it helps with intake temperatures.

Tjbell

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE DSG
I have the Unitronic CF intake, i like it so far, just wish it was a bit louder. I had an APR carbino on my MK6 and loved the way it sounded.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Anyone have the Unitronic CF duct only with the stock airbox?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
I purchased the front collector Uitronic front duct from a forum member to run with OE box. I like it. I think the Unitronic looks better but costs more of you buy the whole set.

Are those the ECS air ducts? If so, how do you like them? I can't tell if they have any marginal performance benefit or are purely cosmetic.

tigeo

Autocross Champion

tigeo

Autocross Champion

Does the air duct add any noise?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Buffa

I have both the intake and the duct. Got it back when they had different colors. I realize it's stupid expensive, and marginal power gains, but it looks great, and it turns up the sound (my main goal). Best way I can describe it, is after I installed it, I turned the Soundaktor off, and it now sounds about the same volume as with it on, prior. The added intake sound is just plain better than the speaker of course. No complaints here, and I've had it installed for about 1.5 years now.

Attachments

• IMG_20170902_192050.jpg
    IMG_20170902_192050.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 689
Last edited:

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Are those the ECS air ducts? If so, how do you like them? I can't tell if they have any marginal performance benefit or are purely cosmetic.

Link to more info.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpost.php?p=737881&postcount=1046

I really like the ECS inlet ducts. Do they help performance? Maybe not much.
But they look good. Sound does not change much with Unitronic collector box, but also looks good. The two items likely do supply freshest air possible if that has an impact.