GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Enable and Configure Advanced Bi-Xenon Lighting, MK7 Golf R

ashiun

Ready to race!
GTI owner here. Any idea why my AFS swivel works fine with fog lights off but aims odd (right headlight straight, left headlight to the left) and don't swivel much when fog lights are on?

MickGTI

GTI owner here. Any idea why my AFS swivel works fine with fog lights off but aims odd (right headlight straight, left headlight to the left) and don't swivel much when fog lights are on?

Yes, mine does the same (CAN GTI Autobahn 2015). I think the swivel is disabled with fog lights ON. The fog light already create a large light pattern in front of the car. This might be why you don't need the AFS swivel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sshlyk

Ready to race!
Can I enable subset of these features on 2017 GTI sport (build 06/17)?

(2016 & 2017) (Remove NAR Restrictions)
55 – Headlight Regulation – Coding
Select: market
Change to: ece (Default = nar)
Select: City light (enable AFS patterns)
Change to: enabled (Default = not enabled)
Select: rain_light
Change to : enabled (Default = not enabled)
Select: all_weather_light
Change to : enabled ( Default = not enabled)
Execute (green check)

55 – Headlight Regulation – Basic Settings (Run & Acknowledge Setup)
Select: Basic headlamp setting
Execute (green check)
55 – Headlight Regulation – Basic Settings
Select: Acknowledge basic setting
Execute (green check)

Last edited:

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
Please allow me to introduce myself. I’m a retired electrical engineer with a passion for cars. I was a heavy unit Porsche tech until age 35, when I went back to school and ended up working in Silicon Valley for 25 years. I bought my daughter an M6 2016 R last summer. When my 2010 Corvette began to require too much cash infusion, I sold it and bought my own DSG 2017 R in January.

Here I offer my first contribution to the community - an OBDeleven edit that will unchain your neutered, weak-assed Bi-Xenon Scheinwerferen in about ten minutes. I’ve tested it on my 2017 R and on my daughter’s 2016 in multiple versions and have pages of notes from test drives, pictures of different modes, technology papers from Hella, YouTube videos, etc., but I present the edit here in the simplest form possible to limit confusion and churn.

This is not the only functional configuration, but it’s the best I’ve tested so far. Some of the features it enables: missing AFS beam patterns; adaptive horizontal beam cutoff for same flow and oncoming traffic concurrently; distance beam (Fernlicht) beginning at 55 kph with extended AFS steering response.

I recommend either running the $1.50 OBDeleven app or coding to make auto light control persistent.

happy trails….

ICmaker

Enable and Configure Advanced Bi-Xenon Lighting, MK7 Golf R

Legal (Not DOT approved; for off road use only.)
Setup (Parked on level surface; OBDeleven; ignition on; current consumers off)
Restrictions (Driver Assist cars only, OEM; a homelink mirror will support the function in the absence of DA)

(2016) (Turn on light assist for the 2016)
A5 - Front Sensors Driver Assistance – Coding
Select: AFS__coding_Light_Assist
Change to: High_Beam_Assist (default for 2016 = no_Light_Assist)
Execute (green check)

09 - Central Electrics – Adaptation (Enable selection via menu)
Select: Assistance light functions
Select: Menuesteuerung Fernlichtassistent Werkseinstellung (Menu control Remote lighting assistant Factory setting)
Select: Present (default for 2016 = Not present)
Execute (green check)

(Car => Setup => Lights to enable Light Assist)

(2016 & 2017) (Select a hardware supported Technology Package)
09 - Central Electrics – Coding (AFS, FLA, Fernlicht (GLW, MDF) is not supported)
Select: Erweiterte_Fernlichtsteuerung (Advanced High Beam Control)
Change to: AFS, FLA, Fernlicht ueber AFS (default = AFS, FLA, BCM-Fernlicht)
Execute (green check)

(2016 & 2017) (Remove NAR Restrictions)
55 – Headlight Regulation – Coding
Select: market
Change to: ece (Default = nar)
Select: City light (enable AFS patterns)
Change to: enabled (Default = not enabled)
Select: rain_light
Change to : enabled (Default = not enabled)
Select: all_weather_light
Change to : enabled ( Default = not enabled)
Execute (green check)

55 – Headlight Regulation – Basic Settings (Run & Acknowledge Setup)
Select: Basic headlamp setting
Execute (green check)
55 – Headlight Regulation – Basic Settings
Select: Acknowledge basic setting
Execute (green check)

This is very helpful.
It will work on any 2016 with the full DAP, correct?

GolfAlltrack

I'm trying to activate this on my mk7 17 Golf Alltrack with the LP and DAP package installed at the factory but still can't get VCDS to adapt to the new settings with the Basic Settings procedure. Has anyone else ran into this? Just went through every page on this thread and still can't really find a defenite answer on how to do this with VCDS on a 17 car. can anyone help?

azthegame

Ready to race!
I love this thread. I understood the information immediately and appreciated the background and precision of the information. Performed the changes quickly and easily when I first got my car back in August. :)

And I also enjoy seeing the common person feel intimidated by it and bash instead of figuring it out. I have to deal with people who "just don't get it" all the time. I literally spell out every answer to every question up front that I know they would probably ask, and they still ask the questions instead of reading what I provided them. Then when you point out the obvious, they get mad because they feel stupid.

Prime example was rcode asking if IC Maker could "explain it more slowly for us serfs" and when he does write it in a non techie way to fulfill the request, he gets bashed for that too lmao, can't win with slow people!

Last edited:

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I'm trying to activate this on my mk7 17 Golf Alltrack with the LP and DAP package installed at the factory but still can't get VCDS to adapt to the new settings with the Basic Settings procedure. Has anyone else ran into this? Just went through every page on this thread and still can't really find a defenite answer on how to do this with VCDS on a 17 car. can anyone help?

Perhaps another '17 AT has a solution but back when this first came out there were years and models it didn't work on so it might not be you.

vlad0821

Can anyone help me code with VCDS so i can have both DRL(LED) and low/high beams on at the same time?

Attachments

• Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    819.9 KB · Views: 457

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
Only works for R.
Sorry GTI owners.

GTI owners have confirmed it works. 2016 GTIs got the 2017 R DAP.

Sent by raven from Castle Black