GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Yellowing of lighting package headlight 'u's?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Am i losing my mind or has anyone else noticed their U lights to look yellow both while off and on? I feel like they are supposed to be very white and bright. Maybe the light over time cause the plastic U's to fade. Or, are there bulbs that are replaceable or is it a true LED board internal to the headlight?

Heres some pics, but it looks worse in the pictures than in person.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
Looks fine, but the bumper plugs look worse than a front plate.

I would disagree... as opposed to what? Using a plate for no reason? spending some money at a body shop?

A plate looks awful in the center like that anyways

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
is there a PPF film or similar on them? The polycarb shouldn't yellow, but ppf over time ages and discolors.

As for looking worse in photos, blame camera auto-color correction. Golden hour + massive white object means more likely your white balance is going to alter.

Last edited:

slow12s

Ready to race!
looks yellow/halogen-ish to me which is weird, mine are bright white after almost 30k miles

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
So, I'm assuming that they look this way in person as well?

We are judging them based off the photos, which can be affected by things like white balance and all that. Because they definitely look lower on the color temp Kelvin scale in the photo.

JS82

Passed Driver's Ed
Looks like you dimmed your daytime running lights. Have you changed any settings with OBD11 recently?