GOLFMKV

WOLF GTI v.s. LS-2 6.0 450BHP GTO [VIDEO]

GTIBEN

Ready to race!

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
You're going to argue over 100 pounds? STILL not 500 or 600 pounds difference. That's all I am saying.

GTIBEN

Ready to race!
You're going to argue over 100 pounds? STILL not 500 or 600 pounds difference. That's all I am saying.

Not arguing just saying.

For WOLF to be 500lbs lighter than the R he'd have to have a 187 weight reduction from his (2door DSG) base factory weight of 3027. :rolleyes:

WOLF

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
I droppped ~260lbs (measured with getting on scale carrying everything taken off) lol
I just might go to the dyno today.

Around what WHP are most Stage 2 Mk7?

wave

Ready to race!
I droppped ~260lbs (measured with getting on scale carrying everything taken off) lol
I just might go to the dyno today.

Around what WHP are most Stage 2 Mk7?

Stage 2 make over 300 whp and close to 400 wtq. That is a lot of weight removed. Can't wait for the dyno results ;)

Rcode

Go Kart Champion
Stage 2 make over 300 whp and close to 400 wtq. That is a lot of weight removed. Can't wait for the dyno results ;)
Do they really? I've seen the "advertised" numbers but is that legit on a dyno? Not trolling just genuinely curious.

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
I made 315 whp and 350 lbs ft. ED Stage2 V8.1 93 octane.

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
Not arguing just saying.

For WOLF to be 500lbs lighter than the R he'd have to have a 187 weight reduction from his (2door DSG) base factory weight of 3027. :rolleyes:

I have a 2006 BMW 330 that I cut 200 lbs. of weight and retained all my interior. I achieved this with wheels, exhaust, brakes (yes, Stoptech BBK is lighter than stock), aftermarket seats (had I gone with race shells, I could have saved another 50lbs), carbon fiber hood, roof and trunk.

If Wolf has light weight wheels, they are most definitely the easiest way to drop about 40lbs. If he did a straight exhaust, pulled all the seats and did a light weight driver seat, he's more than likely already there or VERY close to the 187 lbs.

Body panels do add-up, but they don't make a huge difference. I dropped 40lbs. from my roof when I installed the CF roof, but that was only because I had a sunroof. If I didn't have a sunroof to start with, I would have only dropped about 20lbs. Hood was 18lbs, but the BMW hood is larger than the GTI, so I'm thinking it'll only be 15lbs. or less. You don't have the option to do a trunk, but mine saved 12lbs.

Getting rid of the entire interior and running a race shell for a seat will drop huge amounts of weight. You can get a race shell with mounting brackets and drop about 30lbs. That's a huge amount of weight. Stock seats weigh a ton due to the airbag and adjustments included in the seat. My BMW seats are leather with memory, lumbar all electric and they weigh 68lbs. each!

vdubguy29

Ready to race!
Nice vids! You put trains on the GTO. :)

GTO were good cars. Thanks Australia! Can't be believe Potiac is gone...

I think you will need to trap much higher than 114mph to run low 12s on street tires. If you believe your car is as fast or faster then a Stingray then why do you doubt you can go faster then 114?

YEA I LOVED THE FIREBIRD SINCE I WAS A KIDDO...SMOKY AND THE BANDIT WAS AMAZING...THE WS6 RAM AIR WAS AMAZING, THAT CAR WAS AMAZING...AND NOW ITS GONE FOREVER...MAYBE CHEVY COULD MAKE AN INNERATION OF IT OR SOMETHING...BUT ITTL STILL JUST BE A HEAVY..GAS GUZZLING...PROBABLY THESE DAYS 450 HORSEPOWER V8....AND MY GTI WILL DESTROY IT SOMEDAY....GOD I LOVE MY CAR.

wave

Ready to race!
YEA I LOVED THE FIREBIRD SINCE I WAS A KIDDO...SMOKY AND THE BANDIT WAS AMAZING...THE WS6 RAM AIR WAS AMAZING, THAT CAR WAS AMAZING...AND NOW ITS GONE FOREVER...MAYBE CHEVY COULD MAKE AN INNERATION OF IT OR SOMETHING...BUT ITTL STILL JUST BE A HEAVY..GAS GUZZLING...PROBABLY THESE DAYS 450 HORSEPOWER V8....AND MY GTI WILL DESTROY IT SOMEDAY....GOD I LOVE MY CAR.

For the record, the GTO was not a Firebird. It was originally a Tempest, and then later a Holden car from Australia.

The Firebird was a Firebird.:)