GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Winterized - new wheels and ceramic coat

ribawaja

Swapped out the 19" Englishtowns and summer tires last week for 18" wheels with 235/40 Michelin Pilot all seasons. Seem grippy enough, I'll probably run them year round.

Got ppf on the bumper and opti-coat pro.

Also did APR+ tune (stage 1 low torque) a few weeks ago. Nice little boost.

Would like to lower it a bit for appearance, but not quite willing to make the ride any stiffer.

Attachments

• IMG_1540_2_resize.jpg
    IMG_1540_2_resize.jpg
    597.2 KB · Views: 1,623
  • IMG_1534_2_resize.jpg
    IMG_1534_2_resize.jpg
    675.5 KB · Views: 980

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
Man, I'm jealous you can safely run all seasons in the winter. Tried it last winter up here in Buffalo and I damn near turned my seats a particular shade of brown on multiple occasions. Looks great though.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
Looking good! You should’ve gotten your hood ppf’ed too while you were at. My entire car was ceramic coated but didn’t stop rock chips on the front end of the hood. Plan to repair/repaint after winter.

E90 Skye

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e36 M3, MK7 GTI PP
Looks good! IMO the R sits right straight out of the box, especially with nice offset wheels or spacers

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

COSturmWolke

Ready to race!
Looks good man. I have to warn you though...if those are the AS3 all seasons, I ran them on my GTI and in dry/cold/wet they were fine (they handled phenomenally). However, they were absolutely awful In the snow. . If they are the AS3 plus, they may just be enough to not be dangerous. Be cautious with the first snow and especially with ice!

ribawaja

Looks good man. I have to warn you though...if those are the AS3 all seasons, I ran them on my GTI and in dry/cold/wet they were fine (they handled phenomenally). However, they were absolutely awful In the snow. . If they are the AS3 plus, they may just be enough to not be dangerous. Be cautious with the first snow and especially with ice!

Thanks for the tip. Looking back at the receipt, was the 3+

>> 235/40R-18 MICHELIN PILOT SPORT A/S 3+ (H- OR V-SPEED RATED) 5-RIB TREAD DESIGN XL $181.00

ribawaja

Looking good! You should’ve gotten your hood ppf’ed too while you were at. My entire car was ceramic coated but didn’t stop rock chips on the front end of the hood. Plan to repair/repaint after winter.

I wanted to do the hood. I really did.
I was quoted $900 for the ceramic, $500 for ppf on the bumper, and another $1000 for ppf on the hood and fenders. You gotta draw the line at some point.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I don’t dd my Golf-R but installed clearbra on the front bumper. I usually just buy a precut and installed it myself. Actually this is the second one on my car as the first one got damaged due to a minor cardboard box avalanche in my garage. Yes. I was mad I had to redo it, but no scuff under the bra so I was pleased.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Love the blue!

Mike B.

Passed Driver's Ed
Looked into clear bra vs ceramic coat on my previous 2010 black GTI.
Cost was so high that I just decided to take it to my local detailer every 2 years to get the rock chips filled in, plush clayed and waxed. About $200 and did it twice before trading in for a Golf R.