GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Winter wheel 17 inch tire pressure

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
u
Around 35psi IIRC. There's a chart floating around the forums somewhere which tells you how to determine the correct pressure.

Edit: here you go:

http://static1.1.sqspcdn.com/static/f/589830/23447320/1378330097907/Discount+Tire+inflation.pdf

Aren't the OE tire pressures calculated for a full load of 5 people weighing x-number of pounds and luggage (the gross vehicle weight on the door jamb sticker)? I run 35-36 PSI instead of 39 PSI since I normally only carry about 300 pounds or so over the curb weight.

Last edited:

Max Schnell

Ready to race!
u

Aren't the OE tire pressures calculated for a full load of 5 people weighing x-number of pounds and luggage (the gross vehicle weight on the door jamb sticker)? I run 35-36 PSI instead of 39 PSI since I normally only carry about 300 pounds or so over the curb weight.
What does your manual tell you?
The chart linked above is for cross referencing a given tire at a given pressure to another tire size and the corresponding pressure.

lcubed

Ready to race!
Same as with summers. ;)

Provided load rating is about the same (90 - 92), which is commonly the case.

really?? went from 39 psi for the 19's to 35 psi on the 17's last winter following the chart posted above. 39 psi on the 17" blizzaks was ultra stiff even with the mode set to comfort.

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
Adjust to taste, higher psi will ride rougher, but in actual snow will perform better and give better milage, but on the road will wear out the center faster than the sides.