GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WINDSHIELD REPLACED/LANE ASSISTS DON'T WORK

LeoA86

Ready to race!
Has anyone here attempted to re-calibrate lane assists on their vehicle after a windshield replacement? Right know it looks like I have to go to the darn dealer and cough up 300 bones to have this done.

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
Has anyone here attempted to re-calibrate lane assists on their vehicle after a windshield replacement? Right know it looks like I have to go to the darn dealer and cough up 300 bones to have this done.

All depends. Some users have had their windows replaced and not have had any issues. Some have had to get it redone. One user talked to VW and said if the replacement is done correctly then recalibration is not necessary

iPhone using Tapatalk VIP

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
Sorry, when I said ACC earlier I meant the whole "Drive for you" thing, not just that one feature. I never like being the beta test on car technology.

Porschetech1

Passed Driver's Ed
Check the installation of the camera in the windshield it is possible it isn't installed correctly and maybe you could put it back and be ok otherwise it needs to be calibrated on a alignment rack with a special board. It is supposed to be done every time it is touched. Same with the acc control unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LeoA86

Ready to race!
Can anyone provide a picture of the camera that has not had a windshield replaced for reference? I have a suspicion that the camera may not be installed properly.

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
At first it's a bit overwhelming, but once you get used to it, it is freaking awesome. I love it. That's y it sucks lane assists don't work.

It's not that as much as its just another thing to break. These cars already have entirely too much stuff on them that I can't see lasting more than 5 years without having issues.

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
It's not that as much as its just another thing to break. These cars already have entirely too much stuff on them that I can't see lasting more than 5 years without having issues.

That's why we have extended warranties and after market warranties [emoji6]MBI covers everything but wear and tear

iPhone using Tapatalk VIP