GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Will north america be getting the sportwagen R??

mechtibs

Ready to race!
I'm sure most of you know about the sportwagen R being sold in Europe and Australia but I'm wondering how many folks are interested in it in North America (Canada/U.S.). I've been chatting with the manager of my local dealership and they're saying they should know by late May early June. Anyone got an inside scoop on it?
Also heard rumours of a convertible golf R possibly joining the the line up to replace the Eos.

I'm really hoping VW decides to bring the wagen R to Canada, I'll buy one the day its decided!

Sorry mods! wrong forum to post in.....move it when you get a chance or delete it?

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
U.S. buyers still are not buying station wagons in sufficient quantities for VW to sell another version of the Golf wagon. Look at Audi - they had I thought was a wonderful vehicle in the A3 hatchback here some years ago. I believe you can get an S3 hatchback in Europe right now. Would have made a great R alternative if you were willing to spend the extra bucks.

mechtibs

Ready to race!
There's always hope tho, if they're already making a left hand drive configuration it'd not be impractical.
I only drove a sport wagon for 2 weeks but it was a sweet whip, I could already imagine what a R wagon would be like. Everyones just so focused on buying the biggest vehicle they can find in the name of "safety" once gas prices sky rocket again thing will change.
I know the last year in my province alone 67% of new vehicle sold....were pickup trucks. bloody ridiculous!

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
An R Wagon simply wouldn't make enough money in America to justify the costs of certifying it for sale in the Us