GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why The American Car Market Sucks: a Microcosm

DeuceMcgee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S DSG
it’s simply beyond me how slept-on the Alltrack is. I see it as the last true enthusiast Wagon, and it’s clear to me from this post that even the target market for the car doesn’t care about it. So maybe I’m taking it personally. I just don’t get it lol it’s all the fun of a GTI/R with the utility of a wagon
@Dog Dad Wagon I think the alltrack is amazing! I was originally looking for a used alltrack from local dealership since I have a friend there who called me whenever one arrived (2nd option was a used Volvo V60 wagon in our budget). It was on the top of my list for the fun factor and utility of it being a daily for both me and my spouse. Only reason we walked out with a new mk7.5 GTI S instead was because the warranty was better on a new car vs the used alltrack. If we were to get a 2nd car it'd be an alltrack of Golf R depending on who would get the GTI.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
it’s simply beyond me how slept-on the Alltrack is. I see it as the last true enthusiast Wagon, and it’s clear to me from this post that even the target market for the car doesn’t care about it. So maybe I’m taking it personally. I just don’t get it lol it’s all the fun of a GTI/R with the utility of a wagon
So is the Buick. It looks better (in my opinion) and performs about the same. More horsepower than the GTI and the same 0-60, and its also a wagon. I dont think people are sleeping on the alltrack, i just think the buick is a good contender

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
So is the Buick. It looks better (in my opinion) and performs about the same. More horsepower than the GTI and the same 0-60, and its also a wagon. I dont think people are sleeping on the alltrack, i just think the buick is a good contender

Fair point. I don’t even really give American mfrs the time of day so I guess I’m just butthurt that they MIGHT have produced something worthwhile😁

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
@Dog Dad Wagon I think the alltrack is amazing! I was originally looking for a used alltrack from local dealership since I have a friend there who called me whenever one arrived (2nd option was a used Volvo V60 wagon in our budget). It was on the top of my list for the fun factor and utility of it being a daily for both me and my spouse. Only reason we walked out with a new mk7.5 GTI S instead was because the warranty was better on a new car vs the used alltrack. If we were to get a 2nd car it'd be an alltrack of Golf R depending on who would get the GTI.

My car is “on the market” just not super actively pushing it. If you’d be interested in a GFG 6MT Alltrack with LED Headlights, Marrakesh Brown interior, and some tasteful mods (RSB, APR Plus, RokBlokz mud flaps, Helix sub) keep me in mind and feel free to PM whenever.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Black plastic cladding around the base of the car trend needs to go away. I'd drive that OPC Regal wagon.
My only personal complaint about it is the cladding around the fenders changes color from the front/rear due to the dust and dirt kicked up over time around the wheels. Simply wiping it down doesn’t really restore the color between the two.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I hear ya. I have M3 aspirations and a Golf R budget 🤣
I have M3 aspirations and a used late 90's Camry budget so youre not in a bad spot haha

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
More than likely, from a non modding standpoint and going solely on looks, the Buick wins. Prior to getting into GTIs, I thought VW had some of the most boring looking cars of all the companies. Granted I grew up with imports and eventually got into Srt4 world but never had my eyes on VWs or German cars in general.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
People are just voting on looks, and personally I think the Buick looks better too even though if I actually had to spend my own money on one I'd buy the Alltrack. My VW buddy who's owned a 2012 and 2017 GLI needed more space and just bought a new Tiguan R-line because he didn't like the looks of the Alltrack. VW left them looking pretty plain, honestly. I'd rather drive the Alltrack than either of them, but VW didn't do it any favors with that front bumper.

inferesting - maybe I’m just a fanboi but I think the Alltrack’s accenting is the best on the MK7 Golf platform. It looks great in every color. Love the contrast with the aluminum inserts + chrome trim.

though I agree the picture I posted doesn’t do the Alltrack justice, pretty ehhh side profile lol

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
That Buick in reality is an Opel. Nothing American there except the wanna be SUV look they added. Alltrack for the win. Why the heck did VW drop it? Another stupid move by VW. Sigh....