GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why don’t you tell us your location?

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
Many of you who posts on this forum doesn’t tell us where you live in this world. It’s very good to know since VW:s have different configurations in different regions.

You can't expect people in general to understand a local town/village as a geographic description or perhaps two letters which just a local would understand. This forum is international.

Best Regards Peter

Yomny1

Ready to race!
I usually make it habit to list my location, helps with sales.. or anything else needed location. That and also a list of mods in the signature, helps people wanting to know why your car looks a certain way or could help diagnosing a problem.

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
I just look at the location on the left margin but there are people who don't update that.

Yes, that’s what I meant :D.

If a guy asks about winter tires it’s a good help to know if they should be used in Texas or Norway. Completely different needs!

/Peter

EVOX_SPEED3

Passed Driver's Ed
I used to put in all my info in forums, then one day a buddy of mine (also had an Evo x) that was in the same city, tried to get some warranty work done and was denied even after he went back to stock. Apparently, some dealerships have employees from the warranty department lurking around the forums and they found all his posts (Mods) based on his location.

He tried to tell them he was stock and they showed him his car on the forum page..FAIL

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I used to put in all my info in forums, then one day a buddy of mine (also had an Evo x) that was in the same city, tried to get some warranty work done and was denied even after he went back to stock. Apparently, some dealerships have employees from the warranty department lurking around the forums and they found all his posts (Mods) based on his location.

He tried to tell them he was stock and they showed him his car on the forum page..FAIL

I guess that explains Location: EARTH on some.

GeoBog

Ready to race!
Also a lot of cars get nicked following "research" on car forums so I advise against disclosing location details such as town/street/neighborhood.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Well at least if people use, USA,UK, Australia, Canada etc . Makes it easier when members need help and for some reason they think that this forum is dedicated to just one region.
Helps when help is needed but you have no idea where they are, different laws, cars, climate etc etc

wave

Ready to race!
Well at least if people use, USA,UK, Australia, Canada etc . Makes it easier when members need help and for some reason they think that this forum is dedicated to just one region.
Helps when help is needed but you have no idea where they are, different laws, cars, climate etc etc

Yes, there are many on here who's only location info is something to the effect of "NE", or "Upper East". As OP stated, we cannot be expected to know that these are places in the UK or Europe or whatever.

At least is everyone put their country, I think it would help everyone without violating any privacy issues.

bruce.guild.16

I'm right here.

GeoBog

Ready to race!

Totally agree on that.