GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why are these MK7's so fun to drive?

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Seriously? For the money this car offers so much bang for the buck. Everyone list their top favorite aspect.

I have a lot of 1st place ties myself, but the car is a perfect balance of sport/economy/performance/value/tuneability (made a word) and everyday livability.

Go...

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
My favorite aspect is that I can load up for a road trip with a full trunk and 2 passengers, kick on the seat warmers, get 30mpg, and also stomp on the subies and civics that plague the PNW.

It is the most versatile car I've owned and still puts a smile on my face every time I push it to its (current) limits.

bh36913

Passed Driver's Ed
Besides the obvious (power and value for money), I would say styling; both interior and exterior. Never been more sure about a purchase in my life

Joel

Ready to race!
They are just fun to drive.
I always tell people it is the most fun I have had with 4 wheels.

MadMen

Ready to race!
Farfegnugen

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
love mine man! Its been a ton of fun to own and drive and I wouldnt want anything else!

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Many people think it's another typical slow econo-hatch, but we know it has good power, comfort, and space for its value.

Many times, there'd be a sporty looking car (think FRS/BRZ/86 or Genesis coupe 2.0T, Acuras, Lexus IS250, etc) next to me at a light, and people intentionally get behind those cars once they see the little hatchback of a MK7, thinking we can't even hit 60 mph lol *surprise*

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Power, torque, styling, handling, refinement, value for dollar, etc etc. THE best fun sporty car value bar none.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Many people think it's another typical slow econo-hatch, but we know it has good power, comfort, and space for its value.

Many times, there'd be a sporty looking car (think FRS/BRZ/86 or Genesis coupe 2.0T, Acuras, Lexus IS250, etc) next to me at a light, and people intentionally get behind those cars once they see the little hatchback of a MK7, thinking we can't even hit 60 mph lol *surprise*

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Agreed. And with pretty cheap mods the car can really roll once the torque is unleashed. Lot of fun.

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
With all the modding going on, this MK7 era reminds me of the 90's when the Fox body 5.0 Mustang was the go-to car for affordable speed and modding fun. They weighed about what a GTI weighs. My '89 GT weighed 3220 lbs, like the GTI (or less depending on options). They ran 14's from the factory, but with under $3k in mods could run 12's...like the GTI :D Actually, the GTI responds even better to mods, and is far beyond the Mustang in handling, feel and ergonomics.