GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Whooped by a Coyote 5.0 Mustang…

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Call it karma. I feel like Mustangs are kind of like GTI’s, never know what to expect.

Passed a 2022 Mustang (S550) testing a 60-130 pull with the temperature drop - squeezed out another tenth, and definitely caught his interest in the process.

New personal best 60-130, 10.50s:

Next light Mustang pulls even and let’s it rip:

No idea if it was modded or stock, but it was infinitely faster than the 2017 S550 I reeled in almost effortlessly a while back.

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
You clearly started a good 2-3 secs after he nailed it. He still would have walked you, but maybe not as bad.

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Crazy to me how much faster it was than the run-of-the-mill Mopars and Camaros I’ve come across, heck, it was even faster than a C7 I did a few pulls with. Not mad at all, jump or no jump, he was clearly moving to walk away like that (maybe low-9/high-8s 60-130).

Guess I’ll save the modded S550s for the big boys with real turbos.

Jonnyr6

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 golf R
Definitely not stalk. Ive walked 2 coyotes with at minimum an exhaust. I'm a good 4 car lengths from 100km up until 240+ they usually start to make up distance around 180ish when the hp helps.

GreatFallsofGreen

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GFG 7.5, 6MT
10.50, don’t think it’s got much more in it with my car’s current weight. A 2dr S 6MT should do better.
It seems to me the performance of the DTR, at least in your 60-130 measures are very temperature dependent…which is weird because its track performance is solid.

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Yeah I shaved off over a second off with a drop in DA. Feel like others have echoed similar results in the 60-130 thread across the board, regardless of the turbo.

GreatFallsofGreen

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GFG 7.5, 6MT
Tom/APR1 made an aside that he “threw out” a 10.8 60-130 time as an outlier but never posted (as far as I have seen) a time of this own outside of a 1/4 mile.

Seeing your numbers being achieved with such cold temperatures I’m wondering what he was running in that humid Alabama weather.

chrismc1000

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 01 WS6
Call it karma. I feel like Mustangs are kind of like GTI’s, never know what to expect.

Passed a 2022 Mustang (S550) testing a 60-130 pull with the temperature drop - squeezed out another tenth, and definitely caught his interest in the process.

New personal best 60-130, 10.50s:

Next light Mustang pulls even and let’s it rip:

No idea if it was modded or stock, but it was infinitely faster than the 2017 S550 I reeled in almost effortlessly a while back.
That's a 10spd auto mustang gt and they are 11s cars stock. Simple bolt ons and a drag pack with tune and they run 10s with ease

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
That's a 10spd auto mustang gt and they are 11s cars stock. Simple bolt ons and a drag pack with tune and they run 10s with ease
Always knew the A10s were quick, I just wanted to see how well I’d hold up.

Answer: Not well. Not well at all.

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Did more digging and the 2017 Mustang I pulled on was an A6. So significantly slower than even a stock A10.

CoryJo

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti autobahn pp
10 speeds are .5 seconds quicker in the 1/4 than their 6 speed counterpart . e85 bolt on 10 speeds are the king ding-a-ling around my part... not for much longer. though.

you would fair much better against a 6 speed gen 3. vs a 10 speed gen 3