GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who is on Bilstein B8s?

E-rok

Passed Driver's Ed
I initially ordered the B12 setup from Summit a month ago. No word from Bilstein so I inquired. Summit got a hold of them and it wont be till late May before another order ships from Germany. I cancelled and will probably go with ST X with the rebate going on and pretty low price at tire rack right now.

SVTunit

Ready to race!
Best price on Bilstein B12 is from AJUSA. It's where a bunch of the BMW guys shop for their Bilsteins.

B12 for $734 with free shipping

https://www.ajusa.com/performance-p...s/suspension-kits/bilstein-b12-suspension-kit

Thanks for the Link! I just bought a set of B8's for $536.65 shipped! :) That's almost $100 less than any other place I've seen. :eek: Of course they are on national back order so we'll see how long they take to get here. :(
Use the code "bilstein2" for an extra 2% off. :p

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Just bought a set of fronts from AJ! With the coupon code no less! That’s why this forum is the best! I have to buy rears thru ECS since I have a store credit with them atm... but when I’ve called before, they’ve price matched... now to wait for the backorder to work itself out...

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
just so I have the correct info, when reinstalling the B8s in the front, you are to NOT use the factory bump stop as the strut has one internally... can that be confirmed?

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
just so I have the correct info, when reinstalling the B8s in the front, you are to NOT use the factory bump stop as the strut has one internally... can that be confirmed?
This is correct. The front b8s are upside-down monos, so it would be impossible to install a factory bump stop designed for twin tube 1/2" shafts.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
So with the B12 kit, has it been confirmed which Eibach springs come with it? Is it the normal Sportline springs?

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Last edited:

CDM MK7

Ready to race!
Does anyone know if the backorder is USA specific? I'm in Canada and am looking to grab the B12 Pro Kit asap.

tylerf0606

Ready to race!
Does anyone know if the backorder is USA specific? I'm in Canada and am looking to grab the B12 Pro Kit asap.
I'd start asking shops and dealers that carry Bilstein. I'm trying to find Konis or Bilsteins and everything is 4-6 weeks out.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn

Essex Distributors here in BC say they are on a North American backorder