GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who has replaced the halogen cornering lamp bulbs?

AZGTI2

Ready to race!
So I see some say the OSRAM H7 Cool Blue Hyper is the way to go. Then others say it is too blue and recommend the Philips WhiteVision as best matching the OEM LP.

Thoughts?

ReflexGTI1

Ready to race!
So I see some say the OSRAM H7 Cool Blue Hyper is the way to go. Then others say it is too blue and recommend the Philips WhiteVision as best matching the OEM LP.

Thoughts?

Beat me to it! I love the cornering lights but wish they matched the color temp of the HID better. So the size is H7?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
These x100

Blow the others out of the water by far and I have tried night-breakers, loads of Philips (that blow prematurely) and wanted them to fade in like stock and no masses of drivers and resistors so avoided LED.

I thought they would be dangerously bright but the reflector shape directs the light out low down. Cheap as chips and transform the static cornering lights, even the wife noticed them come on when (as usual) she wasn't paying much attention.

ReflexGTI1

Ready to race!
These x100

Blow the others out of the water by far and I have tried night-breakers, loads of Philips (that blow prematurely) and wanted them to fade in like stock and no masses of drivers and resistors so avoided LED.

I thought they would be dangerously bright but the reflector shape directs the light out low down. Cheap as chips and transform the static cornering lights, even the wife noticed them come on when (as usual) she wasn't paying much attention.

What is the stock HID color? 4300? 4700?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
They are close, I would say between the DRL and the HID colour temp but they shine in a different direction so they can not be seen together anyway. I always have run the 55w ones and been happy with them but thought I would try the 100w ones and if I didn't like them the wife could have them for her car. I have now had to order some more for her car.:mad:

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
I used the Sylvania zXe bulbs and they match pretty well. You could try some LED bulbs and see how well they do.

Derf

Ready to race!
These x100

Link where we can get these?

justinbarak

I went for the 5000K Phillips extreme vision lights. A touch too blue-ish if I'm honest. Still good and vastly better than the stock bulbs. Take your time on install, I almost broke the bulb bracket.