GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Which tyres?

DW58

Go Kart Champion
I had Brdgestones (albeit Turanzas) on my Golf Mk6 - noisy but not too bad, not up to Continental/Michelin/Pirelli but OK.

MisterB

Ready to race!
Just had a look inside one of the plastic bags that cover my summer tyres on 18" Austin rims and they are 'Bridgestone Potenza' is that good, bad or indifferent??

If it's the Potenza S001 then you are fine. This tyre is standard fit on many supercars and GTs, like the Aston Martin Rapide for example.

GTI-7-Performance

Ready to race!
If it's the Potenza S001 then you are fine. This tyre is standard fit on many supercars and GTs, like the Aston Martin Rapide for example.
Yes they are! Phew, thanks.

Bridgestones are getting a bit of a hammering on another forum, so I was a bit concerned. I have Conti WinterContacts on until the end of March...

Arturo

Have had the potenzas s001 in the past, they did well in a tyre test some years ago, so I bought a set when I was due for them, and they performed well. Car was a BMW 323

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Maybe it' the factory it was produced in?

Nope, it's a total lottery. Volkswagen buy their tyres from all of the manufacturers listed above and presumably use them in rotation from stock. There seems to be no pattern to it, they just use whatever is to hand on that particular day depending totally on what is in stock in the size required, hence the huge variety - also bear in mind that they use tyres for the various Golf models in 15-16-17-18-19 inch wheel diameters and various width fittings and profiles.