GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Which tyres?

Rizla1

I have a Golf GT 2litre on order, currently in transit. I was wondering what make of tyres it will be supplied with. Scanning through a few different threads on here, it seems that not all models come with the same tyres. Are they likely to be Continentals or is it just luck of the draw?

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
I have a Golf GT 2litre on order, currently in transit. I was wondering what make of tyres it will be supplied with. Scanning through a few different threads on here, it seems that not all models come with the same tyres. Are they likely to be Continentals or is it just luck of the draw?

My MK5 came with conti contact sport but the MK7 came with bridgestone potenza.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Yes. complete lottery - in fact my dealer had 6 Golfs arrive on the same transporter from Tyne and of the six two had Contis (SE 1.4 TSIs incl. mine - yippee), one Dunlop (GTD), one Michelin (GT) and two Hankooks SE TDIs).

ttrafford

Mine has Hankook..noisy not much grip or feedback..Hard compound I think..3rd golf & mk6 had Pirelli on better tyre.

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
The VW buyers at the factory must have a lovely time leading the tyre makers a merry dance on price...

Judesman

Ready to race!
Thank you. If I get them they will have to go some to beat the 27,000 miles I got out of the first set of Dunlops I had on my MK IV.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
I think we have to accept that with Volkswagen, which tyres you get is a complete lottery - I wonder if it's the same with other large manufacturers?

GTI-7-Performance

Ready to race!
Just had a look inside one of the plastic bags that cover my summer tyres on 18" Austin rims and they are 'Bridgestone Potenza' is that good, bad or indifferent??