GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Which Oil catch for mk7.5 R?

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
It's a universal catch can. Nothing mqb specific about it. They make products to sell for profit. How is that ironic?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Ironic that they take that position and then 18 months later have a carbon fiber catch can available for purchase.

1000 miles doesn't strike me as a long time to evaluate this type of product.

Using engines that on the whole are fairly new does not give an indication of how conditions will be as the engines wear.

It's a universal catch can. Nothing mqb specific about it. They make products to sell for profit. How is that ironic?

Ironic that they advertised it on this forum after posting about how MK7's don't need them, but nothing ironic about the product. As Niol8r said, iit's universal

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Retail businesses wants to sell products?

Shocking.

laurierayr

Car(s)
a motor car
I’ve had catch cans on prior cars as well, my lack of explanation as to why it’s not a good use of funds for the mk7 have been covered for the most part.

2015 ford focus se hatchback 0 60

Regardless of IF a mk7 catch can captures some oil or not you will without a doubt still have carbon deposits on the intake valves.

Spray W/M, drive at redline constantly, add a catch can or five. Regardless you will still get carbon build up, which would be a selling point for any of those things if it actually worked, but it doesn’t.

Just a side effect of DI engines, which yes have come a long way, but not enough to stop the dreaded build up

laurierayr

Car(s)
a motor car
I’ve had catch cans on prior cars as well, my lack of explanation as to why it’s not a good use of funds for the mk7 have been covered for the most part.

2015 ford focus se hatchback 0 60

Regardless of IF a mk7 catch can captures some oil or not you will without a doubt still have carbon deposits on the intake valves.

Spray W/M, drive at redline constantly, add a catch can or five. Regardless you will still get carbon build up, which would be a selling point for any of those things if it actually worked, but it doesn’t.

Just a side effect of DI engines, which yes have come a long way, but not enough to stop the dreaded build up
Spray W/M ??? What is W/M and where do you spray it?

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
^
Bro settle it down, you have one minute between posts 😂

Water methanol injection. I'm sure Google will take you the rest of the way to knowledge land.

laurierayr

Car(s)
a motor car
^
Bro settle it down, you have one minute between posts 😂

Water methanol injection. I'm sure Google will take you the rest of the way to knowledge land.
Bit rude ... new to this forum and had issues with connection and first reply did not show up so though I did something wrong so replied again ... don't get your knickers in a knot. Google it ... so you have no idea either...

Last edited:

DarkArrow

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 R
Bit rude ... new to this forum and had issues with connection and first reply did not show up so though I did something wrong so replied again ... don't get your knickers in a knot. Google it ... so you have no idea either...

He gave you the correct answer, but your knickers are in such a tight knot you missed it.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Well yeah spirited is different than tracking. I will take it to the track eventually. I just know from previous experiences with a catch can they do work.
Again, with these cars, you're wrong. Unless you're tracking with 200tw tires and know what you're doing, you don't need one. Before you start tracking, then it's needed if you're smoking.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yeah, it won’t completely stop the build up of carbon, but it does help reduce it. The cost is just a lot of money. That’s the only factor that would have me holding off on one lol

Use the BL revision of the PCV and a cheap catch can and a good oil pan when you start tracking.

laurierayr

Car(s)
a motor car
He gave you the correct answer, but your knickers are in such a tight knot you missed it.
He told me to Google it ... do you know how many posts etc. are on this subject ... A link would have been good. AND you do not just spray it your have to hook it up to your car... AND NO PRIZES FOR SECOND ... AND has some benefits and more disadvantages ...