GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Which Downpipe?

rick_gti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Dear All,

I am looking for a 200 cell downpipe for my Golf 7 gti. For the time being I want to drive around for a while without a customized chip (stage 2) and then writing away the lambda sensor or a lambda spacer.

Current setup is currently:
-Clubsport S muffler + CSS mid silencer (= more resonance than stock middle silencer)
-VWR600 intake + larger turbo elbow and silicone intake pipe

I would like to hear your opinion / findings regarding the downpipes below in combination with a spacer or the writing of any malfunction that may occur. What is the best option? -and I can go for Cobra or Scorpion, or the Dutch brand: JM tuning.

Golf 7 GTI / Leon Cupra 5F / Octavia 5E Scorpion Sport Catalyst Downpipe
https://www.all-stars-motorsport.com/en ... npipe-svwx

Golf 7 GTI / Octavia 5E VRS / Leon 3 Cupra Cobra Sports Catalyst Downpipe
https://www.all-stars-motorsport.com/en ... -200000000

https://rvsuitlaatdelen.nl/product/downpipegolf7gti/

CHHA

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 Octavia RS
No emission testing overthere in Netherlands?

If yes, I would suggest the HJS downpipe with EWG. So you dont have to delete the lamda sensor

rick_gti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
No emission testing overthere in Netherlands?

If yes, I would suggest the HJS downpipe with EWG. So you dont have to delete the lamda sensor
I dont think so. Thanks for your message but that one is to expensive tot me unfortunately.

CHHA

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 Octavia RS
With all of these downpipes you mentioned you wont pass emission test with probe in exhaust.

What is your plan? Switching the downpipe every year for passing the apk?

rick_gti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
With all of these downpipes you mentioned you wont pass emission test with probe in exhaust.

What is your plan? Switching the downpipe every year for passing the apk?
In the Nethetlands we dont have that restrictions. A 200 cells cat is enough to pass the test of the car by the garage.
Plan is to get a 200 cells racecat and no decat (to much noise).

CHHA

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 Octavia RS
According to my information the new rules for the emission testing is valid for all over the EU. If there are no such strict rules now doesnt mean they will not come. I only want you to keep that in mind. Would be shitty if you have to switch to the OEM downpipe for emission testing.

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Ultimate Racing with metal cat, resonator and O2 spacer. No CEL, and zero drone ever.

What Joe said. I had to remove my first catted Eurojet downpipe as the drone made my head feel like it would explode under certain loads. I like peace and quiet and assume my neighbors do also. I really like the Ultimate Racing with resonator.

rick_gti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Milltek uses some higher quality 200 cell HJS cats in their DP (as well as an EC Euro 6 version)
I saw, but that price is really to much for me. It definitely will be quality but over 1000 euro's isn't that good for my wallet :p. So thats why I am searching for the best price/quality one.

rick_gti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
With the new rules in the EU I will keep my stock DP and ging for a decat one. Will switch it when the dat goes for a apk.

I think Miltek are the best, right? Here in the Nethetlands they are 500 euros.

Last edited: