GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wheel swap - would you?

rascal1

Passed Driver's Ed
My 13 plate GT has mint condition 17'' Dijon silver alloys which I like.
I've always liked the 18" Serron (black inners, silver face - same as UK GTDs) and a works company car is being sold that has them (same car as mine with upgraded wheels).
I can potentially do a straight swap which sounds great on the face of it.
The fronts have minor kerb marks which will need sorting - they could all do with minor treatment TBH which will cost. 18" tyres cost more too, plus the fronts on mine are only 7000 miles old Good Year Efficient Grip Performance Sports was loads left on them - plus not sure of condition of the tyres on the Serrons.
I'm sure there's little if any performance gain - pure vanity! So simply....would you?

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
No keep the Dijon. The kerb marks would put me right off. The diamond cut finish on the Serron, Nogaro and others is notoriously expensive and difficulf to repare / blend in. If you choose to live with kerb damage the wheel will eventually discolour as moisture gets underneath the lacquer.

I dont mind the Nogaro wheels standard on the GTD but given a choice I would fit silver 18' Vancouvers same as I had on my MK6.

rascal1

Passed Driver's Ed
Bloody hell!! That's £360 for 4 so it won't be happening!
If they were a straight swap I'd go for it. Long term it'll be more expensive having pimpier wheels too and I had considered the harsher ride. I like the Dijons and will be sticking with them I think - sorry to kill a not-very-exciting thread dead so quickly ;-)

cozinsky

Ready to race!
The fronts have minor kerb marks which will need sorting - they could all do with minor treatment TBH which will cost. 18"

This is contradictory. Mint condition implies that it is like brand new.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
I've always liked the 18" Serron (black inners, silver face - same as UK GTDs) and a works company car is being sold that has them (same car as mine with upgraded wheels).
I can potentially do a straight swap which sounds great on the face of it.
The fronts have minor kerb marks which will need sorting

This is contradictory. Mint condition implies that it is like brand new.

It's the 18" Serrons that the OP is considering that have the minor kerb marks, not their original 17" Dijon silver alloys, so no, not contradictory.

rascal1

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks SRGTD...just re-read my post - it does make sense.
Cozinsky has cherry-picked bits of what I said implying it's contradictory....Coz, not in a bad mood cos you lost on Saturday are you? ;-)