GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What was your first VW?

pvivino

Ready to race!
So Mk6 owners what was your first VW? When did you buy it? How long did you drive it? Any interesting stories?

So my first VW was a 1979 Rabbit. It was brown with an orange and yellow stripe on each side. My mother had a 1977 Rabbit that I loved. I got the 1979 in 1980 with 15k miles and traded it in in 1986 with 117k miles. it was a great car. I remember driving down Comm. Ave in Boston with a large sleeper sofa sticking out the back when I moved one time. During that time I had my first marriage to the daughter of a GMC/Pontiac dealer. For family functions there would be a huge parking lot of GMC's and Pontiacs with one lonely Brown Rabbit sitting there. I have long since moved on from that Rabbit (and the GMC/Pontiac in-laws). If I can find an old photo I'll scan it in but haven't found one yet.

Shimino

Ready to race!
Granpa had a 1984 GTI

I got my first in 2003. Jazz Blue 20th annivesary GTI, is was totaled at 69K miles.
After that I had a 2003 Jetta 1.8T drove it for like 20K miles and sold it to my cousin. (I still drive it from time to time)
Then, 2007 UG Gti. Sold it yesterday with 69588 miles.
Now, 2010 CSG Gti. So far in 3 weeks I have 3750 miles.

daihard

Ready to race!
My current 2010 GTI is my first ever VW. I've had it for about three weeks. I'm already deep in love with it. :)

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I had an 87 GTI 16v. Bought it used back in 89.

It was rear ended 24 and 30 minutes after purchase, pushed me into the car ahead of me. I insisted it be fixed because I loved it! 11 months later someone pulled out in front of me and I t-boned them at 45mph. I no longer wanted the car after that.

I was extremely nervous the day after I bought my new 2010 GTI hoping it wouldn't be rear-ended a day after purchasing..lol.

kwbuggy

My first VW was a Zenit Blau 1968 Beetle (model 1130) bought new in October 1967, traded after 68,000 miles in February 1974 for a Plymouth Duster. The VW was pretty much toast by then, floor rusted through, heat exchangers rusted out and valves shot. It was the longest time I have ever owned a car, usually trade them after 3 years/60,000 miles. I'd have saved a lot of money if I had kept all my cars as long as the Beetle.

Phenix3939

Ready to race!
My first VW was also my first car, a 1990 Corrado G60. It had tons of electrical problems that I had to work out. It had a TV with VCR, homemade sound system, cut springs and very ricey reflective decals.

I spent a lot of time stripping that stuff off but ran out of funds trying to finish it in college. It's been in storage for almost 10 years now. Thinking about bringing it back to life.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT
1984 Rabbit Diesel; tan/tan 4 speed with a sunroof. 60 HP diesel engine; god that car was fun to drive :D

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
this is my first ever vdub and my first car as well. :thumbup: