GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is your opinion about wagons?

What is your opinion about wagons (not just VW, but in general)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I like that idea. Wagons unite!
Clean sportwagen btw. Wish mine was DBP.

I posted these pictures in another thread but they can live here too.

My new-to-me 2018 White Silver 6MT sportwagen 4motion w/ is38 and supporting mods.
View attachment 205186
View attachment 205187
View attachment 205188
Basically the same setup as me. Amazing looking! What is your suspension setup?
20201101_165640.jpg
20201101_165725.jpg

8055WAGEN

Go Kart Newbie
I like that idea. Wagons unite!
Clean sportwagen btw. Wish mine was DBP.

I posted these pictures in another thread but they can live here too.

My new-to-me 2018 White Silver 6MT sportwagen 4motion w/ is38 and supporting mods.
I'm glad you bought that one before it was traded in! Looks awesome!
Mine is straight black. I wish I could have found a white one when I bought mine.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT

tigeo

Autocross Champion

miikez.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 GSW 4motion 6MT
UGHHHH that looks so good man. so clean, so fresh. I wish the Alltrack had been offered in White Silver. When I got my GFG, it was between a 19 6MT GFG SE w/ Driver Assistance + Appearance Packages and black interior (18" Canyons + LED Lighting Package), and a Pure White 19 6MT SEL w/ upgraded Marrakesh interior. The green was my number one requirement, so I chose green. But honestly, if the Pure White had been White Silver I would have gone that route. Pure White is just too boring to me.
Thanks! I also have a DBP mk7 gti and I love the color when it's clean, but the white silver is growing on me.

That's a tough choice but overall I think you made the right decision going GFG. I too was looking for a GFG or DPM alltrack, but then saw this GSW for sale and could not pass it up with all the work that was already put into it.

Last edited:

miikez.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 GSW 4motion 6MT
I'm glad you bought that one before it was traded in! Looks awesome!
Mine is straight black. I wish I could have found a white one when I bought mine.
Thanks! I think I got the deal of a lifetime on this one. He had it posted for over two months and no bites. I started talking to him about it and a week later I was on a flight to go pick it up.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Thanks! I also have a DBP mk7 gti and I love the color when it's clean, but the white silver is growing on me.

That's a touch choice but overall I think you made the right decision going GFG. I too was looking for a GFG or DPM alltrack, but then saw this GSW for sale and could not pass it up with all the work that was already put into it.

I would've done the same in your position. Having paid for mine new, I only have an APR Plus tune, wheels/tires, rear sway, and PPF + Ceramic and I'm already over 30K deep in a 25K car.

You prolly paid like $20 for yours, with IS38 already installed lol.

hotbascosauce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE DSG W/DCC
Here is the car that the GTI replaced, and the BMW is what the Audi replaced. You tell me. How do I feel about wagons?
If they sold the Golf R wagon in the USA, I would have gotten one. Yes I know I could have essentially “built one”, but how was I supposed to justify the cost of that build to my wife?
F38AB927-BD9F-4DDB-A393-2894A3E289A6.jpeg

EF008E18-424E-4CF0-BB13-E5CA46CF9C44.jpeg

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Bravo, bravo. Man I love those peeler wheels - you sir, have good taste.

miikez.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 GSW 4motion 6MT
I would've done the same in your position. Having paid for mine new, I only have an APR Plus tune, wheels/tires, rear sway, and PPF + Ceramic and I'm already over 30K deep in a 25K car.

You prolly paid like $20 for yours, with IS38 already installed lol.
Actually under $15 and I got is38, apr tune, sachs race clutch, cts downpipe, cts intercooler, st xa coilovers, nuespeed wheels w/ michelin pilot sport, rear sway bar, plus a few other goodies and all the stock parts! I made out pretty well!

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I'm always going to have a soft spot for wagons. If there are two models with the same engines and one is a wagon...I'll 100% always take the wagon. I had a B5 S4 wagon and still have a Mk6 wagon. The reason I went with the GTI over the Golf wagon is because of the engine and interior. I got to drive a wagon with a tune and I wasn't really impressed with the power. The stock 2.0 in the GTI feels better than a 1.8 with a tune. The interior of the GTI also way better. If the GW was available with even just the 2.0...I would have got the GW. If the Golf R wagon is available in the states...it would have been a no brainer for me.

My S4 wagon.

S4 Avant.jpg

Last edited: