GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is your opinion about wagons?

What is your opinion about wagons (not just VW, but in general)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I like that idea. Wagons unite!
Clean sportwagen btw. Wish mine was DBP.

I posted these pictures in another thread but they can live here too.

My new-to-me 2018 White Silver 6MT sportwagen 4motion w/ is38 and supporting mods.
View attachment 205186
View attachment 205187
View attachment 205188
Basically the same setup as me. Amazing looking! What is your suspension setup?
20201101_165640.jpg
20201101_165725.jpg

8055WAGEN

Go Kart Champion
I like that idea. Wagons unite!
Clean sportwagen btw. Wish mine was DBP.

I posted these pictures in another thread but they can live here too.

My new-to-me 2018 White Silver 6MT sportwagen 4motion w/ is38 and supporting mods.
I'm glad you bought that one before it was traded in! Looks awesome!
Mine is straight black. I wish I could have found a white one when I bought mine.

tigeo

Autocross Champion

miikez.

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GSW 4mo 6MT
UGHHHH that looks so good man. so clean, so fresh. I wish the Alltrack had been offered in White Silver. When I got my GFG, it was between a 19 6MT GFG SE w/ Driver Assistance + Appearance Packages and black interior (18" Canyons + LED Lighting Package), and a Pure White 19 6MT SEL w/ upgraded Marrakesh interior. The green was my number one requirement, so I chose green. But honestly, if the Pure White had been White Silver I would have gone that route. Pure White is just too boring to me.
Thanks! I also have a DBP mk7 gti and I love the color when it's clean, but the white silver is growing on me.

That's a tough choice but overall I think you made the right decision going GFG. I too was looking for a GFG or DPM alltrack, but then saw this GSW for sale and could not pass it up with all the work that was already put into it.

Last edited:

miikez.

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GSW 4mo 6MT
I'm glad you bought that one before it was traded in! Looks awesome!
Mine is straight black. I wish I could have found a white one when I bought mine.
Thanks! I think I got the deal of a lifetime on this one. He had it posted for over two months and no bites. I started talking to him about it and a week later I was on a flight to go pick it up.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Thanks! I also have a DBP mk7 gti and I love the color when it's clean, but the white silver is growing on me.

That's a touch choice but overall I think you made the right decision going GFG. I too was looking for a GFG or DPM alltrack, but then saw this GSW for sale and could not pass it up with all the work that was already put into it.

I would've done the same in your position. Having paid for mine new, I only have an APR Plus tune, wheels/tires, rear sway, and PPF + Ceramic and I'm already over 30K deep in a 25K car.

You prolly paid like $20 for yours, with IS38 already installed lol.

hotbascosauce

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE DSG W/DCC
Here is the car that the GTI replaced, and the BMW is what the Audi replaced. You tell me. How do I feel about wagons?
If they sold the Golf R wagon in the USA, I would have gotten one. Yes I know I could have essentially “built one”, but how was I supposed to justify the cost of that build to my wife?
F38AB927-BD9F-4DDB-A393-2894A3E289A6.jpeg

EF008E18-424E-4CF0-BB13-E5CA46CF9C44.jpeg

miikez.

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GSW 4mo 6MT
I would've done the same in your position. Having paid for mine new, I only have an APR Plus tune, wheels/tires, rear sway, and PPF + Ceramic and I'm already over 30K deep in a 25K car.

You prolly paid like $20 for yours, with IS38 already installed lol.
Actually under $15 and I got is38, apr tune, sachs race clutch, cts downpipe, cts intercooler, st xa coilovers, nuespeed wheels w/ michelin pilot sport, rear sway bar, plus a few other goodies and all the stock parts! I made out pretty well!

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I'm always going to have a soft spot for wagons. If there are two models with the same engines and one is a wagon...I'll 100% always take the wagon. I had a B5 S4 wagon and still have a Mk6 wagon. The reason I went with the GTI over the Golf wagon is because of the engine and interior. I got to drive a wagon with a tune and I wasn't really impressed with the power. The stock 2.0 in the GTI feels better than a 1.8 with a tune. The interior of the GTI also way better. If the GW was available with even just the 2.0...I would have got the GW. If the Golf R wagon is available in the states...it would have been a no brainer for me.

My S4 wagon.

S4 Avant.jpg

Last edited: