GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What do you love about your new Mk7 Golf, or Why do you love it?

GTI-7-Performance

Ready to race!
To be fair almost all the manufacturers have cars with auto lights, Xenon if wanted, DAB radio auto wipers keyless entry/start etc. In these cases the Golf is as average as any other and in the auto wiper for an example I find I have to use them as manual more than not they're that lazy.
There are things that lift the Golf above the rest and topping it all is the refinement. ;)

The sensitivity of the wipers (like many other things such as the heat of the heated seats) can be set by your dealer with Vacom (if that's what it's called) computer...

marvin1

Ready to race!
I get the feeling that with this new Golf one has to keep on visiting the dealers to have things put right. In the four and a half years I have owned mine it has been to them only four times for servicing plus a couple of visits for prang repairs to the rear bumper, in their bodyshop.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Yawns ... ... :p

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
I get the feeling that with this new Golf one has to keep on visiting the dealers to have things put right.
You cannot draw that as a reasonable conclusion from forum discussion Marvin. People generally only post when they are having issues (this very thread is a sort of antidote to that)...... nobody starts a 'Hey, my car was perfectly OK today' thread - so the sample is somwhat weighted towards the people that have problems - the silent majority are just driving and enjoying their cars :)

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Spot on !

marvin1

Ready to race!
You cannot draw that as a reasonable conclusion from forum discussion Marvin. People generally only post when they are having issues (this very thread is a sort of antidote to that)...... nobody starts a 'Hey, my car was perfectly OK today' thread - so the sample is somwhat weighted towards the people that have problems - the silent majority are just driving and enjoying their cars :)

Or are less fussy and putting up with these manufacturing idiosyncracies.

The wasp

Ready to race!
My car's just clicked past 1200 miles, early days I know and I've taken it back to the dealers for the wiper issue ( I could have lived with it but like their free coffee ).
Other than that it's the best car I've had. I had a "New shape" B Class and whilst nothing went wrong with it, it's not a patch on the Golf.
Stick with your MK6 Marvin and don't dare ever test drive the MK7, you'ld hate yourself if you did. ;)

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Marvin, most of the members here seem delighted with their Mk7s, you seem only to listen to the complaints, guess you're a "Glass is half empty" type of guy.

Whilst I enjoyed my three years and a couple of weeks driving my Mk6 Match, I'm confident that I'm now driving a car which is better in every way to it. Try one, you might even be able to overcome your prejudices and find out how good it is.

DW58

Go Kart Champion

marvin1

Ready to race!
Marvin, most of the members here seem delighted with their Mk7s, you seem only to listen to the complaints, guess you're a "Glass is half empty" type of guy.

Whilst I enjoyed my three years and a couple of weeks driving my Mk6 Match, I'm confident that I'm now driving a car which is better in every way to it. Try one, you might even be able to overcome your prejudices and find out how good it is.

I'll bide my time. I was an early adopter with the MK5/6 but had lower expectations then and any of those were better than some previous carsI had owned . With the MK7 I will wait at least a year/18 months so that VW can sort out the car's problems and not yours truly.

TeeDeeEye

Passed Driver's Ed
The only issue I've had is the creaking door seal, which was easily fixed with a £3.99 can of silicone spray, no trips to the dealers needed. I certainly don't feel like I am fixing VW's mistakes, quite the opposite in fact.

Rf860

Passed Driver's Ed
Marvin. Please stop wittering on about the mk7 and it's 'flaws'!

There is no need for it. Most of it is hot air or you blowing out of proportion small issues that owners have reported about their car.

Yes, not every car is perfect. And that includes the golf.

I've had a mk4, 5 and now 7 golf. I've driven the mk6 on many occasions. I guarantee you, the mk7 is hugely better in every way.

Enjoy your mk6....

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Marvin. Please stop wittering on about the mk7 and it's 'flaws'!

There is no need for it. Most of it is hot air or you blowing out of proportion small issues that owners have reported about their car.

Yes, not every car is perfect. And that includes the golf.

Don't feed the troll

Well done lads, Hole in one!

How long before he's banging on about his fantastic Mk7 and how he's not going to get a Mk8 :p