GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What do you listen to while driving?

ThatWhiteRabbit

Passed Driver's Ed
A post mentioned New Order so that had me wondering what everyone likes to listen to while driving.

Industrial is my thing--Skinny Puppy, Ministry, Thrill Kill Kult, NIN, White Zombie, etc. Some favorite driving songs include Assimilate, Devil Bunnies, Ride the Mindway, and Dragula :cool:

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Depends on my mood. I guess if we're specifically talking about "Driving music" - Cleveland is the Reason by Kid Cudi is a classic (for people below the age of 30)

fretburnr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I've got a weird blend:

Progressive metal like Periphery, Plini, Skyharbor, David Maxim Micic
Also throw in for fun some shoegaze, stoner rock, jazz fusion, and even EDM

Haboob

Passed Driver's Ed
Depends really.

AM: Country until the morning show starts (which I only get about 5-10 minutes of before I park at work.

PM (on the way home): Either sports talk, or cycling through Sirius stations (BPM, Hip Hop, Pop, Country, Alt) until I hear a song I like, or switching back to FM and pretty much doing the same, though I usually just stop on the country stations.

Every now and again I'll turn Spotify on and listen to a band radio or some blend it's suggested.

The other day was FFDP, because I was just having a pissy day and it felt good to listen to something fast, hard, and angry.

joofcorn

Ready to race!
Short drives: Various rock, preferred staples are foo fighters and rush (or 80s top hits when my wife is in the car)

Long drive: Podcasts, lately the adventure zone (DnD podcast) and The Fantasy Footballers

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Howard Stern, reggae, 80's, repeat..

Sent from my Gavin Belson black box signature edition

Last edited:

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
From my recently played artists/albums

post-hardcore - La Dispute, Dance Gavin Dance, Silverstein

alternative - Rainbow Kitten Surprise, The Cardboard Swords, Catfish and the Bottlemen, City and Colour, empire! empire! (i was a lonely estate), Little Brother, The Front Bottoms, Weatherbox

Hip-hop - Nas Illmatic, Pusha T My Name is my Name

Chillhop/beatstrumental - Birocratic

The Killers - Sams Town is a go-to album

On long drives I listen to stand up specials. Tom Segura, Bill Burr, Demitri Martin, Eugene Mirman, Bo Burnham

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

Saw Rush in concert a few years back when they "toured" with The Trailer Park Boys (I believe this was the Clockwork Angels tour your photo is from), they put on a good show

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
In the morning? NPR. (I dont have cable or anything so its my only news).

In the afternoon? Metal/Alt Rock/EDM

rahtx

Go Kart Newbie
This week has been mostly metal. New albums from Skeletonwitch, Between the Buried and Me, and Deafheaven. Last week I was on a Royal Thunder kick...

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
I listen to the alternative to mainstream.alt, mainstream.alt.alt.

I'm actually done with listening to particular bands or albums. I pretty much listen to music radio shows lately. This is the one I've been loving for the past year, and slowly going through the past 10 years of internet archives: http://www.chanceswithwolves.com/