GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What do you like about your MK7 Golf?

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
The "what annoys" you post is now 31 pages long and has 607 posts !

To balance that there should be a thread about all that is great about the MK7 for the people waiting to take delivery.

I'll start:

• The night illumination of the interior, after dark the golf interior looks stunning
  • LED Tail lights and Front fog lights that actually make a difference unlike all other cars I've driven with fog lights
  • Graphics for Radio station presets, how nice of VW to put them on their website, even the obscure ones.
  • Keyless entry, does exactly what it says on the tin
  • Auto Hold and Electronic parking brake
  • The handling is firm and direct but never harsh
  • Admiring glances from my neighbour who bought a Leon a few weeks earlier
  • Interior comfort
  • Dual zone aircon, I have to admit I was skeptical if its possible to have 2 temperatures in close proximity, but it actually works really well. The wife cranks her side up to a tropical 24C and I sit in a pleasant 20C.
  • Better MPG than my Mk6 GT

So come on people lets hear what you like!

Gerry

Ready to race!
My car isn't outstanding but it does everything quite well and I've yet to find an auto petrol as good on fuel and yet lively enough to put a smile on my face.

wobbler

Ready to race!
The "what annoys" you post is now 31 pages long and has 607 posts !

To balance that there should be a thread about all that is great about the MK7 for the people waiting to take delivery.

I'll start:

• The night illumination of the interior, after dark the golf interior looks stunning
  • LED Tail lights and Front fog lights that actually make a difference unlike all other cars I've driven with fog lights
  • Graphics for Radio station presets, how nice of VW to put them on their website, even the obscure ones.
  • Keyless entry, does exactly what it says on the tin
  • Auto Hold and Electronic parking brake
  • The handling is firm and direct but never harsh
  • Admiring glances from my neighbour who bought a Leon a few weeks earlier
  • Interior comfort
  • Dual zone aircon, I have to admit I was skeptical if its possible to have 2 temperatures in close proximity, but it actually works really well. The wife cranks her side up to a tropical 24C and I sit in a pleasant 20C.
  • Better MPG than my Mk6 GT

So come on people lets hear what you like!
Well done Chris. You are right about people waiting for their cars to be delivered reading some of the things people post on here. Come on guys there must be a lot to smile about :)

GolfPilot

Ready to race!
The night illumination of the interior, after dark the golf interior looks stunning

I agree, I mentioned to my other half a while back that I've not been in a car that looks as good as the Golf VII at night. The white light is very smart looking.

GP

testcard

Ready to race!
I'd agree with all of Chris's points, and add only one. The Pano roof has been great during the last couple of days of warm, sunny weather. Easy to operate, and little buffeting. Oh, and one other small thing - the way the digits 'bounce' on the trip meter.

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Can you explain that last bit please testcard?

GolfPilot

Ready to race!
Yes, I like the way the mileage changes too! Although it's a digital system, it doesn't just change from one digit to the next, it rolls over like the old style odometers used to.
A nice programming touch.

GP

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Oh right - get it now - not noticed it before! You mean the meter in the central MFD between the speedo and tacho?

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Must pay more attention then! Worrying not to have realised that especially as I used the trip counter the other day too......

GolfPilot

Ready to race!
Yes, as testcard says it can be quite hypnotic! Must keep my eyes on the road!!

GP