GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What do you like about your MK7 Golf?

iHayoona

Ready to race!
- the awesome pano roof, when the weather permits
- I love how the steering wheel looks, but that's my opinion
- it has the ability to shoot past slowpokes while sitting in traffic lights which gives me a rush
- one of the coolest indicator lights I've ever seen
- interior red door lights, super cool
- does any other car have this cool of a plaid to sit on?
- while we're on it, the seats are so comfy and supportive
- chilled glove box, I do tend to keep snacks there, so it's awesome
- so many compartments, I got a place for my coins, my fuel card, my chargers, and CD cases, and food

That's what I can think of right now anyway, I'm really happy about my car choice

Hensonman

Passed Driver's Ed
A good thread to start, Chris43. I'm agreeing with all the points above. Like Chris I do love the ambient interior light, the side illuminating fog lights and the EPB and auto hold. And I agree about the MF steering wheel. I shall be looking out for the trip meter changes !

6 years ago, I had a company car Audi A6 SE, with all the bells and whistles. When I went freelance, I didn't need such a big car, so bought a used Mk6 2.0 TDI Match. I liked its nippiness and handling and it was much better size. But I did miss some of the quality and features of the Audi. Well my Mk 7 is now the perfect answer. It's a quality car, with all the features I missed from the Audi but in a size and convenience that I like. The Mk 7 is a great package.

testcard

Ready to race!
...and another little thing - the way album artwork slides in smoothly on a track change in shuffle mode.

redbutcher

Ready to race!
Early days for me, but so far...

• Feels solid on the road
  • I can plant my foot and something happens
  • Interior quality
  • Album art display
  • Interior illumination
  • MFD data that's available
  • More control over settings
  • EPB and auto hold

TeeDeeEye

Passed Driver's Ed
There's not much I don't like tbh, although the overriding feature that impresses me every time I get in is just the build quality and level of refinement. The interior cabin materials, the incredible level of sound attenuation, even at motorway speeds, and the solidity of the switchgear and equipment all ooze class.

I also like the amount of power available when I want to give it some welly, whilst still getting mid 50's MPG.

Last but not least, being able to have every song I own in the car with me without the need for a single CD or having to connect an iPod!

Stripey

Ready to race!
Yes, I like the way the mileage changes too! Although it's a digital system, it doesn't just change from one digit to the next, it rolls over like the old style odometers used to.
A nice programming touch.

GP

I can confirm mine definitely doesn't do this. Do you need the colour screen for this?

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Yes, only the colour DIS give you the "animation" of the mileage counter.

What do I like about my Golf, pretty much everything. It's probably not the very best at any one thing, but as a package taking everything into account, it's one hell of a package.

I like the way it looks (very understated - although a GTD specific rear diffuser wouldn't go amiss), the way it drives, it's refinement, it's safety and it's equipment. It's expensive compared to it's peers (Audi A3 aside) especially if like me you have raided the options list, but I plan to keep it for at least 5 years so it had to be right.

It's not perfect (what car is), but as a mass produced family hatch, it does get fairly close.

nauend

Passed Driver's Ed
The highline/gt is an outstanding car. I imagine the se and s are too, and I can only imagine the gti must be a mad machine by comparison.

I downsized from a Ford Falcon G6e (bigger than a ford mondeo, rear wheel drive 4lt engine etc) to the highline with some trepidation, but the vw was the right choice. (I can't believe I almost went for the Hyundai as the trade in was a few thousand better!)

The golf Feels and drives like a very solid, capable machine, can be sedate or serious fun.

Have seen it reach under 5lt/100kms on the highway and sits around 6.5 average (the falcon averaged 13lt/100kms, with 10 it's best!) with plenty of oomph just waiting to be used. My 17 yr old daughter on her learners has had the golf down to 4.5 in city driving!

I like S, perhaps too much......

GTI-7-Performance

Ready to race!
I love the way it's put together and stays put together. Over 6,000kms covered and no creaks or squeaks, nothing fallen off and no oil used - everything works as it should.

Most of all I like the conservative, solid, sensible image of the Golf. Great for the wife to take shopping - great for me to give it some stick. The GTi fits discretely into traffic. For those who know, it's admired, for the rest it's ignored - just the way I want it...

Sandweiler

Passed Driver's Ed
I love the way it's put together and stays put together. Over 6,000kms covered and no creaks or squeaks, nothing fallen off and no oil used - everything works as it should.

Most of all I like the conservative, solid, sensible image of the Golf. Great for the wife to take shopping - great for me to give it some stick. The GTi fits discretely into traffic. For those who know, it's admired, for the rest it's ignored - just the way I want it...

This is a perfect summary !!! :)

rapport25

Go Kart Champion

X2.

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
.............. The GTi fits discretely into traffic. For those who know, it's admired, for the rest it's ignored - just the way I want it...

Well expressed GT-7-Performance!

Just what I have been thinking about my former ”GTI6” and the new “R”. Almost no one notice perhaps just a few connoisseurs, as you write - that’s good enough ;)!

In general, a well-built car with much driving pleasure. Delivers more than expected which goes both for our 1 month old R and the 6 month old TSI Estate. These two deliveries are very different, but that’s another story.

/Peter

GolfPilot

Ready to race!
I can confirm mine definitely doesn't do this. Do you need the colour screen for this?

Didn't realise it was just the colour display! I know it's only cosmetic but I love it!

GP