GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
Got in a replacement alternator

Attachments

• 20240316_124525.jpg
    20240316_124525.jpg
    944 KB · Views: 34
  • 20240316_125304.jpg
    20240316_125304.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 37

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
IMG_2868.jpeg
No new parts, by the blipshift shirts I bought came in!

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Anyone ever figure out if this is truly different from the rest of the kits on the market?
honestly can't answer....I've only seen a youtube vid of the IE kit and it didn't look like that kit had the plate that cobb sends that helps you locate the exact ECU pin to punch out.....but they may and the guys in the vid just didn't use it? Not sure.....

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
honestly can't answer....I've only seen a youtube vid of the IE kit and it didn't look like that kit had the plate that cobb sends that helps you locate the exact ECU pin to punch out.....but they may and the guys in the vid just didn't use it? Not sure.....
I have the fuel it kit and they advertise that it has a 5v reference line for output. I had it installed when I had the engine replaced so I’m not sure if my shop pinned it or not. I have easy access to e85 locally but not having to flash when I go on a road trip would be nice.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I have the fuel it kit and they advertise that it has a 5v reference line for output. I had it installed when I had the engine replaced so I’m not sure if my shop pinned it or not. I have easy access to e85 locally but not having to flash when I go on a road trip would be nice.
that's what made me go down this rathole.......a station near me just opened up, but buying jugs and toting them around was for the birds....got so tired of it.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Anyone ever figure out if this is truly different from the rest of the kits on the market?
You run power through the grommet in the firewall to the interior fuse box for 1, which is weird as others just use the engine bay box. They have a little cover you can slip over the ECU with only pin 71 punched out to make depinning the dummy plug easy.. Though it's not difficult if you pay attention. Overpriced GM flex sensor with Cobb logo and mount also, which I guess adds to the price. They have a fuse tap instead of a stock fuse terminal that plugs in, though this would be helpful for S3 customers who don't have a spare engine bay fuse location.

Other than that, they use the weird-colored connector rather than the black Flex connector on the harness, but that's just me being critical.