GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Absolutely not. I hate that it's red, and I hate that my coils are red. I'm in an R, so I want my accent colors to be blue, god damn it! That's why I keep my engine cover on, and waiting for the plastic battery cover from AliExpress to arrive, so I can hide all the red.

I bought it because it was only about $20 more than getting a similar spec'd AGM from AutoZone, and now I have FCP's lifetime warranty replacement with it.

All I ever get from Ali express are email ads for dildos and the random butt plug, or key fob cover. Maybe my gov computer has been browsing too much pr0n. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Got the EuroSport rear brace an a few other items. Looking forward to installing the brace this weekend as I have been wanting to work on my car. Install looks easy enough

Attachments

• 04854184-3E62-4DF7-A0AB-3401FA82B229.jpeg
    04854184-3E62-4DF7-A0AB-3401FA82B229.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 34

ChristopherNeil

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Got the EuroSport rear brace an a few other items. Looking forward to installing the brace this weekend as I have been wanting to work on my car. Install looks easy enough
It's a little tedious, but straightforward. No need for removing seats. I laid down blue painter's tape and marked the outlines on the tape, rather than the panel itself, and only removed what I needed to. I folded the remainder pieces back into place so it looks more factory.

20230223_134416.jpg

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
That looks good

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Got some got Cobb stuff to go with my other Cobb stuff, and my seat brackets came in.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Which Recaros are you going with?
recaroblackred_1.PNG

There are 2 versions of this seat, a short side bolster, and a taller side bolster. I am getting the one pictured here, the shorter bolsters.

Part# 414.100.3164 -driver
414.200.3164 -passenger

tall bolsters:
410.100.3164 -driver
410.200.3164 -passenger

Last edited:

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
View attachment 274145
There are 2 versions of this seat, a short side bolster, and a taller side bolster. I am getting the one pictured here, the shorter bolsters.

Part# 414.100.3164 -driver
414.200.3164 -passenger

tall bolsters:
410.100.3164 -driver
410.200.3164 -passenger
Those are snazzy. Are you doing the airbag/PODS delete, or just going to live with the light?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Those are snazzy. Are you doing the airbag/PODS delete, or just going to live with the light?
I have the light on now, from when I had my Corbeau's, and I guess because I didnt do the occupancy sensor. I did have cancellers, but the light came on anyway. The plan this time is to do it right with both seat harnesses, rail and occupancy sensors. I been staring at the damn light for almost a year, enough is enough lol.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I have the light on now, from when I had my Corbeau's, and I guess because I didnt do the occupancy sensor. I did have cancellers, but the light came on anyway. The plan this time is to do it right with both seat harnesses, rail and occupancy sensors. I been staring at the damn light for almost a year, enough is enough lol.
are you going to transfer the seat heating pads as well?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
I have new ones to install.
I'm doing the passenger's lower pad and rail sensors with airbag cancellers, but I'm so antsy about taking the corbeaus apart. I considered going through everything to retain heated seats, but it's a summer car as it is, so I'm not too concerned about it.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I'm doing the passenger's lower pad and rail sensors with airbag cancellers, but I'm so antsy about taking the corbeaus apart. I considered going through everything to retain heated seats, but it's a summer car as it is, so I'm not too concerned about it.
Believe me, as someone who knows ZERO about upholstery, I am very antsy about messing with $3k dollar seats, much less taking them apart.