GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Eurosport front with EuroCode rear currently and love em.

Can you post the torque specs for the bolts? Believe they were higher than stock when I installed. Probably going to be swapping suspension and want to make sure they get tightened down right.
Instructions said 22 lbs. Feels like the stock bolts were tighter but whatevs.

TheMechanicDude

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
New brakes all around. Zimmerman rotors abs textar pads. FCP oe replacement package. Quiet and the car stops so far. Also flashed my 93 octane tune, super smooth like the last one. Hopefully my fuel pressure stays up this time around.
Stupid request but can you share some pics of your rotors after a good spirited drive. I've got the same rotors and the fuckers blued after one spirited drive with a M3. I do have Step Tech streets with them so they may be a bit too much pad. Have replacement front rotors but thought I had a decent street set up for the drive to work....in Mexico.

*no visable cracks

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Got my set of Verkline rear trailing arms in the mail. I love billet.

C38912DE-776C-49FC-BFCA-9CF163D63C9B.jpeg

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Take care fitting ,if you have access to a lift use it . I stuffed up one of the threads in the wheel bearing knuckle :((y)
Can do. I’m adding it to the long long list of items to install while I’m getting the turbo VR6 swapped in.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Did you do the full X rear brace or just the horizontal bar? I have ECS rear bar and I like how it performs, but its design for how it attaches to the seat hooks is… bad.

Last edited:

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
What are you gonna do with your old motor?
HPA’s program includes a buy back of the engine as a credit towards the swap. At least they did that for me. So it just goes to them to resell or use as they see fit afterwards.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Stupid request but can you share some pics of your rotors after a good spirited drive. I've got the same rotors and the fuckers blued after one spirited drive with a M3. I do have Step Tech streets with them so they may be a bit too much pad. Have replacement front rotors but thought I had a decent street set up for the drive to work....in Mexico.

*no visable cracks
I’ll snap one while I’m up in the mountains.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

Can you post the torque specs for the bolts? Believe they were higher than stock when I installed. Probably going to be swapping suspension and want to make sure they get tightened down right.
Have a buddy with a Eurocode rsb that cracked in half.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Did you do the full X rear brace or just the horizontal bar? I have ECS rear bar and I like how it performs, but its design for how it attaches to the seat hooks is… bad.
Went with the single horizontal bar. Went with eurocode as theirs mounts to the lower cargo hooks, eurosport has theirs mount to the upper supports. With dogs in the back I frequently drop the seats, so with the lower bar they just have step over it rather than crawl around in the moving car.

I use the hatch/back seats too much to use an X or K brace in the back. Maybe an underbody. 🤔