GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Motion alarm sensor... This was ordered in February, eBay seller issued me a refund after it hadn't arrived in 60 days... now it shows up.
IMG_20200501_164217.jpg

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Motion alarm sensor... This was ordered in February, eBay seller issued me a refund after it hadn't arrived in 60 days... now it shows up.
View attachment 171822
Maybe they had to time warp back to the 90s in order to source it?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Maybe they had to time warp back to the 90s in order to source it?
Haha... I bought most of the required parts to add the internal movement detection alarm system on my Mk4, then never got around to it. Weird we don't even get it as an option in the States, but then again the alarm system wasn't even active out of the factory. Now I can leave the alarm activated witg the windows down with no worries... something I'll never actually do, lol.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Still...cool knowing that you CAN leave the windows down...even if you likely never will. I get it. 👍🏻

mac340

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6MT
So put the RSB on this morning, very easy didn't have to even lower the exhaust. I didn't open the box with the Moog end links when I got them this week and realized this morning that I only bought 1 lol. So I will order one and put them on later. Did anyone notice that the rubber factory mounts which should be a pivot joint are basically stuck on the sway bar and don't move at all?

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
So put the RSB on this morning, very easy didn't have to even lower the exhaust. I didn't open the box with the Moog end links when I got them this week and realized this morning that I only bought 1 lol. So I will order one and put them on later. Did anyone notice that the rubber factory mounts which should be a pivot joint are basically stuck on the sway bar and don't move at all?
I think they mold the rubber around the bar, with voids inbetween. The metal doesn't rotate inside the rubber, its just rubber moving so it prevents squeaking.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Haha... I bought most of the required parts to add the internal movement detection alarm system on my Mk4, then never got around to it. Weird we don't even get it as an option in the States, but then again the alarm system wasn't even active out of the factory. Now I can leave the alarm activated witg the windows down with no worries... something I'll never actually do, lol.

What's involved in installing this? I'm assuming there's some coding involved and some wires to run?

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
Because I have more money than sense sometimes with this car...

View attachment 171084

View attachment 171085

First thought is it's nowhere near worth $400. It's not a bad piece, just overpriced. A little bit of extra noise, but not a whole lot. Like the stock look. Without removing the coolant hose, install was harder than it needed to be.
I've been thinking about getting one of those for a long time. Almost pulled the trigger on a used one today but it was still $300... I will get one eventually I'm sure lol

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
034 resonator delete came in. Pairing it with a stock dp& clubsport s muffler.
Sounds pretty nice. I could hear the css muffler in the car now. Slight drone but nothing near obnoxious. I like it hope it get deeper when it breaks in