GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
How does yours fit? I got a set a few months ago and they mount perfectly but the are very loose if you try to wiggle them. Not tight like the OEM ones at all.

Where from?

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
How does yours fit? I got a set a few months ago and they mount perfectly but the are very loose if you try to wiggle them. Not tight like the OEM ones at all.

Yes they did wobble a little where the pin fits through the two holes, the holes are a tiny bit too big making the pin loose, I remedied this by adding some heat shrink to the pin (easily completely reversible) the heat shrink fitted tight before I even applied heat so barely increased the size of the pin making for a “perfect” fit, I knew before purchase that they could be loose but at £40 delivered it was worth it, as otherwise they are great and function perfectly, carefully painting inside the two holes would likely have the same effect, worth the £150 saving in my opinion! If I find I really like them I’ll probably purchase some genuine ones and if not then no great loss!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinno's_R

Yes they did wobble a little where the pin fits through the two holes, the holes are a tiny bit too big making the pin loose, I remedied this by adding some heat shrink to the pin (easily completely reversible) the heat shrink fitted tight before I even applied heat so barely increased the size of the pin making for a “perfect” fit, I knew before purchase that they could be loose but at £40 delivered it was worth it, as otherwise they are great and function perfectly, carefully painting inside the two holes would likely have the same effect, worth the £150 saving in my opinion! If I find I really like them I’ll probably purchase some genuine ones and if not then no great loss!

That's a great idea. I was going to machine sleeves to fit but then work got busy so i never had a chance. I figured the same thing. For 1/4 the price it was worth the risk to me haha. Otherwise, I'm very pleased with them.

nype

Drag Racing Champion

Second set of Amazon knock-offs just arrived today. I can insert the pin now, but they’re loose / wobbly, as you described.

I’m not interested in getting creative with making them fit more snug. Although I applaud your efforts.

These are going back and will be replaced with some genuine ones.

Inside set are the new ones, outside are the old ones.

Thoarax

Passed Driver's Ed
Second set of Amazon knock-offs just arrived today. I can insert the pin now, but they’re loose / wobbly, as you described.

I’m not interested in getting creative with making them fit more snug. Although I applaud your efforts.

I have not received my second set yet, but making the slot to the outside of the paddle deeper myself did work and they are not loose at all. I probably won’t use the new ones because these are working well. I do like the cut out plus and minus on the new ones you got.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
I ordered some Nokya hyper yellow H15 bulbs to replace my stock DRLs. Also ordered yellow Lamin-X fog light covers. I’m not sure if I’ll like the look or not but it was like $45 total for both so a cheap experiment anyway.

Shameless post wash pic for attention.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3

I was gonna order a pair from Aliexpress. So it's a nay?

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
An accident with some takeout resulted in the entire container of food being spilled on the center console and down the sides of both front seats. After wiping up my pool of tears I tore out both front seats to clean everything and ended up doing a full interior detail including steaming all surfaces, treating the dash, and conditioning all leather surfaces.

Image from halfway through:

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
An accident with some takeout resulted in the entire container of food being spilled on the center console and down the sides of both front seats. After wiping up my pool of tears I tore out both front seats to clean everything and ended up doing a full interior detail including steaming all surfaces, treating the dash, and conditioning all leather surfaces.

Not sure what I would do if that happened to me. I'd probably just sit there and stare at the mess I just created. I remember dropping my Blackberry into a bowl of salsa years ago. I just stared at it...my friend had to take it out of the bowl for me.

I have a small box in the trunk where I put all my takeout food. The takeout never enters the passenger area of the car. I like food with soup on it.

Last edited:

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
I've been there. Dog had an anxiety induced poop in the back seat (it wasn't a solid one, either). Thank goodness for the rear seat cover. Got home, pulled rear seats, lots of all purpose cleaner.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk