GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
I picture you realizing that you could put it dumping under the car as you're halfway through cutting a hole in your hood with a sawzall...
You overestimate my speed of installing mods

RadioFlyer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GSX-Rs
Some spare brake pads, brake fluid and a caliper piston tool.
20240217_201758.jpg

20240217_200516.jpg

🍬🍭🍪

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
1000004571.jpg

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Finally picked up some new LCAs. My stock one are pretty shot at 115,000.
I'm surprised they lasted that long, my car is almost 70k and I can tell that they are due for a change already. I have mine in storage waiting to have a break to get them installed.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Got a delivery from Ross Tech. I didn't have a Windows laptop until recently and decided VCDS was a good long-term investment. I do have OBDeleven but prefer using a laptop for more complex coding and diagnostics.

View attachment 299693
Im very close to upgrading to VCDS, I dread using OBDEleven these days even though I have the V1 unlimited which I could probably sell to cover the cost honestly...

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
Got a delivery from Ross Tech. I didn't have a Windows laptop until recently and decided VCDS was a good long-term investment. I do have OBDeleven but prefer using a laptop for more complex coding and diagnostics.

Same. OBD11 is great from a convenience/emergency standpoint but I really dislike the subscription/credits model (though VCDS will likely be moving in this direction once it starts to work with SFD unlocking etc). That said, I still have my unlimited VIN cable and need to pick up a cheap/small Windows laptop to use it again since Bootcamp is no longer an option with M-series Macs (and VMs are a pain and unreliable for USB stuff).

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Scooty Puff Jr
Same. OBD11 is great from a convenience/emergency standpoint but I really dislike the subscription/credits model (though VCDS will likely be moving in this direction once it starts to work with SFD unlocking etc). That said, I still have my unlimited VIN cable and need to pick up a cheap/small Windows laptop to use it again since Bootcamp is no longer an option with M-series Macs (and VMs are a pain and unreliable for USB stuff).
eBay Latitudes are cheap and plentiful, particularly stuff like the E7440. If you're coming from the Apple stuff, don't waste your money on Inspiron/Pavilion(or whatever HP is calling their consumer line now), a business notebook is generally going to be better built.

I honestly really like that the dongle is the software key, because it means that if my laptop has problems, I can connect to the garage computer and use VCDS.