GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
JerseyDrew hooking me up with a BMS turbo inlet pipe
993EDAB8-ED57-41D9-A1B2-93988760CD47.jpeg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
RS3 brake deflectors came in. Pic is next to my $8 modified GT3 ducts. I'm going to test to see which cools better. If the GT3 deflectors work better, I'll have to figure out a better way to secure them. Maybe I'll bolt them to the RS3 deflectors?

20210107_130939.jpg

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
Do you have any personal experience with Avalon King? I've seen it in person and spoken to others who have used it with great results.
No, but i've used gyeon mohs, cquartz uk 3.0 and optimum gloss coat.

not saying that the above mentioned arent doing similar stuff, but i can guarantee avalon king is just off the shelf private label stuff. they just said, we want a ceramic coat, put our label on it. they have no detailing or other major produt pedigree. they are huge on marketing on social media. i just think their stuff is overpriced and mediocre probably at best.

i prefer to get products by real detailing brands for detailing and professionals

turbojzrr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R
RS3 brake deflectors came in. Pic is next to my $8 modified GT3 ducts. I'm going to test to see which cools better. If the GT3 deflectors work better, I'll have to figure out a better way to secure them. Maybe I'll bolt them to the RS3 deflectors?

I just got this too! I have a 2019 R and the RS3 ducts required no trimming and fits without hitting the PP Brakes or drive shafts

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I just got this too! I have a 2019 R and the RS3 ducts required no trimming and fits without hitting the PP Brakes or drive shafts

Yeah, I bought the RS3's because the GT3's are hard to get to stay put. But after seeing how small they are, it makes me think I could bolt or expoxy them together to make a kicks asx duct.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Why would you be switching to Alltrack knuckles?
As others have said, the Golf/GSW is 50mm and the Alltrack/GTI/R are 55mm. Just gives you some more options suspension wise. I plan on using the stock Alltrack rear shocks and springs, so just need to figure out the front struts.

Last edited:

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
As others have said, the Golf/GSW is 50mm and the Alltrack/GTI/R are 55mm. Just gives you some more options suspension wise. I plan on using the stock Alltrack rear shocks and springs, so just need to figure out the front.
I think the "others" you mentioned are me, haha. I suppose there are more options in 55mm if you're looking at some of the more niche/expensive/advanced coilover kits available. But then I wouldn't expect that you would also be installing the BES kit and using stock Alltrack rear shocks/springs. Off the top of my head Bilstein, Koni, KW, and Solowerks offer most of their respective lines in 50 and 55mm form.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I think the "others" you mentioned are me, haha. I suppose there are more options in 55mm if you're looking at some of the more niche/expensive/advanced coilover kits available. But then I wouldn't expect that you would also be installing the BES kit and using stock Alltrack rear shocks/springs. Off the top of my head Bilstein, Koni, KW, and Solowerks offer most of their respective lines in 50 and 55mm form.
True, though the BES kit limits what you can use as far as coilovers. The rear adjustable perch can't mount on top of the spring, so Bilstein is out. The Lift ring sits on top of the rear spring for the BES kit, so I'd need to find one that mounts the adjustable perch to the control arm. For now I figure I'd see what the lift is like. If not, i'll more than likely attempt to do coilovers or lowering springs and aftermarket shocks to retain the stock ride height at the minimum and see if I can tune it to where I like it.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I have 50mm B8's front struts with H&R OE Sports that you can have if you want to pick them up in SFV. They are 50mm, Bilstein specs the same strut for Golfs and Sportwagens, 1.8T or TDI. Of course you'll be running something different out back which could get tricky, haha.

Edit: Same offer goes to anyone else wanting 50mm B8's with H&R OE Sports btw. Springs are TDI specific so you might want to change them. But this will be a full strut assembly (strut, spring, bearing, mount) with less than 10k on it, dropped straight off the car. I'll even throw in my steering knuckles if you want, lol. With static camber plates (Superpros)I thought the ride was too harsh and there was low speed turning noise but with stock mounts the noise and harshness was gone. I then quite liked the ride but I'm old (in spirit) and wanted/needed to go back to stock height for convenience/reducing rub due to added caster. Rear B8's are not available as I stole the lower bushing for a "project" I'm working on.

Last edited:

turbojzrr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R
Yeah, I bought the RS3's because the GT3's are hard to get to stay put. But after seeing how small they are, it makes me think I could bolt or expoxy them together to make a kicks asx duct.
its gonna be majestic. brakes cold as ice, but hopefully won't slow you down too much?

The RS3's are super tiny in comparison yeah. I wonder if there would be a delta between the inside and outside of the rotor?