GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

eajr

Go Kart Champion
Grabbed some of this; the reviews seem to be pretty solid. It seems to preform better in durability tests than all of the other products in its category.I’m going to throw a coat of it on next time I do a thorough wash. Has anyone tried this? It’s the revised version that’s supposed to be a great improvement over the first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used TLC1 and needless to say it was a huge disappointment. I did a complete detail and applied this product last. My car sat in the garage for a week, not seeing any rain; then I used a strip wash to see how it would react and their was no water beading, just very slow water sheeting. I think they really hyped this up and used very aggressive advertising to convince people.

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
LOL at anyone with that background pic asking about my exterior detailing opinions.

I can make out the grains of dried drywall compound on the tape in that mirror you call a hood.

Stop humble bragging Cal Naughton Jr.

I've actually been super disappointed this season with chemical guys butter wet wax. Lasts just a couple of weeks. Even MCG's ultimate paste that I applied a couple of weeks later didn't treat me near as good as I would have hoped at keeping the paint easy to clean.

Maybe I just suck at washing my car.

Last edited:

TastyPancakes

Ready to race!
LOL at anyone with that background pic asking about my exterior detailing opinions.

I can make out the grains of dried drywall compound on the tape in that mirror you call a hood.

Stop humble bragging Cal Noughton Jr.

I've actually been super disappointed this season with chemical guys butter wet wax. Lasts just a couple of weeks. Even MCG's ultimate paste that I applied a couple of weeks later didn't treat me near as good as I would have hoped at keeping the paint easy to clean.

My concern is less for the shine, gloss and depth, because I have that in spades, duh bitch [emoji2276], but more concerning actual protection and durability capabilities.

Back in late spring I did a wash/clay/polish/glaze/seal/wax and got awesome results; the paint was perfect. However, after the summer I’m already seeing a lack of beading so I know the wax has worn off and most likely the CG Jetseal is starting to as well. I am planning on doing a full paint correction and actual ceramic coating myself next spring, but need something nice and durable to hold me until then so I won’t have to do both a cut and finishing polish.

I ordered this because they claim TFC V2 is greatly improved and in objective testing holds up very well to various harsh conditions. Basically, I need it to provide a nice layer of protection until I can ceramic coat the car next spring. I’m seeing the same results from CG as you and don’t trust them to do the best job protecting the car this winter, when shine is the least of my worries because I can’t get a hand wash in for a few months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo

Stop humble bragging Cal Naughton Jr.

Try Collinite 845.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

edrex

Ready to race!
Baun Performance FMIC and Invidia catted dp ready for install on Saturday and stage 2 tune at EQT next Thursday!

bodmanza

Phillips DiamondVision H7s. Had to survive somehow until I do the Ed's replica install next spring. That yellow halogen looks hideous with the white LED DRL's at night.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Strafe Design rear diffuser.... Installing at halftime