GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Installed a BMS TIP recently. I disconnected the coil harness and pulled the PCV hose with the oem inlet. I knew from experience how much a PIA it is to remove while installed and didn’t want to risk damage. Much easier to get a good grip with it off the car. Very simple to unclip the coil harness too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm thinking of pulling the PCV hose with TIP off the car as well -- way more room to work.

danvilla413

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 SE 6MT, '04 S2K
I'm thinking of pulling the PCV hose with TIP off the car as well -- way more room to work.

And to do this, disconnecting the coil packs makes this easier. You get much more leverage with it off the car - also with a pick wedged in between the connection a bit.

Odd that Uni didn't include a new O-ring. I guess that means using the stock is your option.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance

My PCV hose came off easy with the right trick, at first when you press in the tabs only one side pops up and the hose gets stuck. I had to press down and slightly clockwise and then push in both tabs fairly hard and it just popped off.

eajr

Go Kart Champion
My PCV hose came off easy with the right trick, at first when you press in the tabs only one side pops up and the hose gets stuck. I had to press down and slightly clockwise and then push in both tabs fairly hard and it just popped off.

Must be nice I felt like I went to war with mine :mad:

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Hoping to get my black bumperdillo thingy from NGP today. Not sure why it took them a week to ship and another week to get here, but oh well.

DAP took a week to ship my stuff too, which is pretty disappointing considering I paid $42 in shipping. :(

jbm119

Ready to race!
Took advantage of the summer sale.

Let us know how you feel after the install. Very interested on that piece as well.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!
IMG_5884.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flogR

Ready to race!
I have seen a YouTube video by ecs tuning, that tech took apart all of the coil connections. I was like dude why are you adding all this unnecessary extra work? Definitely not needed and can be done without. The pcv hose on my car was just a bitch to get off because the clips wouldn't budge.

Spray with WD40. Wait. Mop up XS. Try again.