GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

timmytva

Passed Driver's Ed
I've never understood those plates that are off to one side. Don't they cause the car to pull to one side? They also look plain wrong there.

Pretty easy to understand: I didn't want holes drilled in my brand new car.

Here in the USA (probably in Canada and Mexico too), the cars come with a license plate bracket for center mounting but it requires drilling two holes in the bumper. I'm not sure how it works in Europe and Australia with your wider plates.

Tim

timmytva

Passed Driver's Ed
The bracket uses the tow hook hole to be mounted. People choose them instead of drilling holes in the bumper. Unless you’re straight highway driving I doubt you’ll notice any pulling.

The one I got uses clips that mount in the honeycomb grill. I looked at the tow hook variants and didn't like the look as much as the grill mounted one.

https://legitspeed.com

Tim

danvilla413

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 SE 6MT, '04 S2K
The one I got uses clips that mount in the honeycomb grill. I looked at the tow hook variants and didn't like the look as much as the grill mounted one.

https://legitspeed.com

Tim

This. My '19 clips in to the grill too. Feels pretty stable. No drilling into the bumper required. Personally, I love the look of the tow hook mount, but in the city, I opt to run a small BumpTek licence plate guard for some protection (from people parallel parking into me).

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Got my FCP Euro clutch kit with DMFW in today, not looking forward to installing it...but ohhhh well!

nate704

Go Kart Champion
I've never understood those plates that are off to one side. Don't they cause the car to pull to one side?

This is the most uneducated statement that I've ever read. you will learn basic physics/dynamics/fluid mechanics when you go to high school in a few years.

nate704

Go Kart Champion
The bracket uses the tow hook hole to be mounted. People choose them instead of drilling holes in the bumper. Unless you’re straight highway driving I doubt you’ll notice any pulling.

This particular bracket does not use the tow hook. It is made by forum member VW671.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
This is the most uneducated statement that I've ever read. you will learn basic physics/dynamics/fluid mechanics when you go to high school in a few years.
Let's play a game: you will do your best not to sling shit at forum members for just a day, then two, then for a week, then for a month, and before you know it, maybe you'll turn into a decent human being. ;) If not, you can just leave and make the forum a better place, kind of the way it was before you starting posting.

PS
I'm an aerospace engineer. Care to tell me why I don't feel the need to belittle others when they say something incorrect about my field of work?

nate704

Go Kart Champion
Let's play a game: you will do your best not to sling shit at forum members for just a day, then two, then for a week, then for a month, and before you know it, maybe you'll turn into a decent human being. ;) If not, you can just leave and make the forum a better place, kind of the way it was before you starting posting.

PS
I'm an aerospace engineer. Care to tell me why I don't feel the need to belittle others when they say something incorrect about my field of work?

not sure what's wrong with you, and I don't play game. I made a statement about the post and there's nothing wrong with it.
maybe in CA, you don't have freedom of speech.

PS
I don't care who you are or claim to be, but as an engineer it is your duty to correct the wrong information or educate other people. How did you get a job as an engineer again?

edrex

Ready to race!
This is the most uneducated statement that I've ever read. you will learn basic US history/political science when you go to high school in a few years.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Finally yesterday I got to install the auto folding mirrors, the led warning lights and the dynamic turn signals.

Attachments

• BDC3CF81-1B33-453C-B9E3-0A6FBEAA8007.jpeg
    BDC3CF81-1B33-453C-B9E3-0A6FBEAA8007.jpeg
    136.1 KB · Views: 411
  • 8C60E6B3-ECB4-4933-A9B2-2AD261D4649E.jpeg
    8C60E6B3-ECB4-4933-A9B2-2AD261D4649E.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 418

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
^^Come on guys... I'm not a moderator, but let's be civilized. Not everyone likes everyone else's mods...ever. I know folks won't like mine, but I could care less.

Just came in

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
not sure what's wrong with you, and I don't play game. I made a statement about the post and there's nothing wrong with it.

PS
I don't care who you are or claim to be, but as an engineer it is your duty to correct the wrong information or educate other people. How did you get a job as an engineer again?

Lol wut? I have no duty walking around telling people they are wrong, and some internet troll is the last person that should be explaining my duties to me. It's not about freedom of speech, it's about not being an asshole. You are not educating anyone with your comments, in case you haven't noticed. By the way, I did post about the plate not making a difference in these cars above. Try reading before opening your trap in the future. ;)