EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Put on a new set of Michelin Pilot Port 4S tires.
IMG_2837.jpeg

Also installed some vland tails. Using ZERO815’s instructions were perfect and made coding easy. I feel like it really updated the look of the backend.
IMG_2842.jpeg

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Put on a new set of Michelin Pilot Port 4S tires. View attachment 300664

Also installed some vland tails. Using ZERO815’s instructions were perfect and made coding easy. I feel like it really updated the look of the backend.
View attachment 300665
I used to run those tires but tried the Conti' DWS06 and the grip way better than the Pilot's. I also have the VLAnd tails, they are definitely the cheaper way to get into LED/dynamic tails.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
DWS06 grip better than the PS4S? Maybe under 45 degrees or in the snow.

yeah that's an unhinged claim. Makes zero sense in Texas. DWS06 are basically a "performance" winter tire.

Can't say they grip better, but holy crap do they last longer than PS4S.......

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
DWS06 grip better than the PS4S? Maybe under 45 degrees or in the snow.
Well maybe Michelin has improved the Pilots since two years ago, but I could never get them to hook. I got the DWS06 and problem solved and now on second set. I'd be willing to try a current version of the PS4S when these wear out though, for comparison sake.

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn
Well maybe Michelin has improved the Pilots since two years ago, but I could never get them to hook. I got the DWS06 and problem solved and now on second set. I'd be willing to try a current version of the PS4S when these wear out though, for comparison sake.
I just put DSW06+'s on my car, Not tuned yet but they hook a lot better than whatever was on my stocks. Quieter too

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
Are you thinking of the Pilot Sport AS4 rather than the Pilot Sport 4S?

I don't see how a ultra high performance all season (DWS06) can compare to a max performance summer tire PS4S) in warm temperatures.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Are you thinking of the Pilot Sport AS4 rather than the Pilot Sport 4S?

I don't see how a ultra high performance all season (DWS06) can compare to a max performance summer tire PS4S) in warm temperatures.
This is what I thought he meant... The dws06 aren't even in the same league as the ps4s.

There's also the thought that by "hook" and "grip" he meant longitudinal, like on ramps. The ps4s are designed for lateral grip and need camber to keep the lateral g from rolling the tire. Certainly possible the dws06 "hook" better in a short straight line run due to their squishier sidewall, narrower track, and lower operating temp.