GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Out of curiosity why did you go kw over mcs, ast, or other custom setups? You're in that price point. I've also got a custom kw setup on a different car, but I've been contemplating going to mcs as my kw age out. I also need to keep divorced rears as part of classing requirements for TT, which complicates things updating the kw... Seeing here this isn't a concern for you so you have many more options.

What are your overall goals?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
IMG_3709.jpeg
IMG_3707.jpeg
IMG_3706.jpeg
IMG_3698.jpeg
IMG_3697.jpeg
IMG_3690.jpeg
IMG_3688.jpeg

Track R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
R
Out of curiosity why did you go kw over mcs, ast, or other custom setups? You're in that price point. I've also got a custom kw setup on a different car, but I've been contemplating going to mcs as my kw age out. I also need to keep divorced rears as part of classing requirements for TT, which complicates things updating the kw... Seeing here this isn't a concern for you so you have many more options.

What are your overall goals?

neither of those are solid piston nor really modular and the only comparable damper is the Ohlins TTX 46/36 or Sachs not to mention these are the same homologated dampers for Porsche,BMW,Toyota,Aston and Lambo factory race cars.

This was 1 of 2 test sets ran on Volcano Motorsports Cupra Mk4 TCR in Spain which these produced 3 back to back faster laps over the Ohlins according to Mr.Lautner.These were offered to me for a steal from Andreas Lautner of VW Motorsport, these start at 13,000euro with macpherson/multi-link axles full aluminum not including 4 or 7 post rig tuning cost.

The sell price of my 2way Clubsports covered the cost of these which my only out of pocket cost were springs,rear inner/outer bodies,rear piston rods, valves and valving and labor ect....which came out to be same cost as a 3way Clubsports in the end so win win and I live a 2hr drive from KW so the support comes easy.

Last edited:

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Got some fresh 93 in the tank and was cruising down the freeway at 70 (speed limit). To my surprise a ecoboost Stang with a bunch of cosmetics on it comes up beside me. He signals he wants to get gapped so we slow to about 55 and he honks. He was there next to me for about 2 seconds, then I just pulled away lol.

*Diggs that top end is violent sir....lol

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Got some fresh 93 in the tank and was cruising down the freeway at 70 (speed limit). To my surprise a ecoboost Stang with a bunch of cosmetics on it comes up beside me. He signals he wants to get gapped so we slow to about 55 and he honks. He was there next to me for about 2 seconds, then I just pulled away lol.

*Diggs that top end is violent sir....lol
I’d love to see a datazap log to compare and see where I’m at

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
Dropped it off for diagnostic, due to an annoying electric whine coming from behind the dash.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Opened the hatch on my GTI and water poured out of the trim, did it again today so I’m guess the hatch/camera drain line is dry rotted off (I remember someone else had that issue recently, so if it’s you hook me up with that PN).

Went to throw car seat upholstery in the Suburban and water came pouring out the drivers side back door like the movie Paddington lol.

https://youtube.com/shorts/cIOQCyC1Ir4?si=EvCOeVQMw8K2712S

One of these shitboxes has to go to work in the morning (GTI) so after moving the BRZ I pulled the Burb in, opened it up and rolled the carpet back to put a fan on it.

Times are moist at the Baun house this week.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Opened the hatch on my GTI and water poured out of the trim, did it again today so I’m guess the hatch/camera drain line is dry rotted off (I remember someone else had that issue recently, so if it’s you hook me up with that PN).

Went to throw car seat upholstery in the Suburban and water came pouring out the drivers side back door like the movie Paddington lol.

https://youtube.com/shorts/cIOQCyC1Ir4?si=EvCOeVQMw8K2712S

One of these shitboxes has to go to work in the morning (GTI) so after moving the BRZ I pulled the Burb in, opened it up and rolled the carpet back to put a fan on it.

Times are moist at the Baun house this week.
Jake….. might have been me… I’ve replaced that AND the hatch weather stripping and connectors….all behind that upper hatch wing…. That solved my issue.
Start with the drain line…. Easier and cheaper

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I love aerofabb......want a splitter but can't because, well, driveway. have the sideskirts.....may do his diffuser too

I have the Aerofabb v2 splitter and had to put down a piece of plywood so I can get in my garage.
I had the V2 until I ripped it off while pulling into an unfamiliar gas station with an elevated entrance.

$550 in damage (broke the core support and accessory belt).