GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Just don't be an idiot like me and start jamming the wrong de pin tool into the factory wire connector multiple times to fuck it up, making what should have been a super quick job take 2 damn hours.

General rule of thumb. If you have to jam it in, you're doing something wrong.

ksurl

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE DSG
Just don't be an idiot like me and start jamming the wrong de pin tool into the factory wire connector multiple times to fuck it up, making what should have been a super quick job take 2 damn hours.
Don’t worry I already did that when i was repinning my connector in the back of the mib2 for the helix install. Finally found a better youtube video angle and found the correct hole (thats what she said)

On another note, is my connector style the 4D0 model?

Attachments

• IMG_2999.jpeg
    IMG_2999.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 30

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Don’t worry I already did that when i was repinning my connector in the back of the mib2 for the helix install. Finally found a better youtube video angle and found the correct hole (thats what she said)

1707393272012.png

Borrowed from EQT. You'll have to disconnect it and look.

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG

You’re 4D0

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Just installed AutoTech hpfp internals and uploaded new tune for it. I am reminded of why I disliked upgrading internals last time.
Now to do some logs

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
You can check the release clip on the connector to tell as well.

View attachment 299098
Am I safe to say this is a 4DO? I'm planning on ordering now if it is... if not I will check again when I get home, I forgot to check yesterday and took a quick pic when I got to work at 5:30 am. It was a little too hot for me to pull the clip out.

I really wanted to make my own, but since all my tools are in storage and the house builders have not broken ground yet I think it is time to get one. I have the Ruth's at the apartment, so as soon as this comes in I am heading on base to the DIY to swap them out.

1707486112380.jpeg

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Finally got the ECS top rear brace fitted.....(top bar only)

Doesn't fit as easily as they make out it will to an estate!!...

They say two small cuts to the carpet trim each side....& the rest!!...& I ground down the welds more that what they did in their own photos & I also drilled through the "tongue" etc!!...

Both the ECS & VWRacingline rear braces do not 100% fit easily out of the box for the estate & they both have design flaws..the best is a mix up of both....

I'll have to do a write up!!....