GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Swapped out the brake pads for Carbotech XP12 F. XP10 R in preparation for trackdays at Eagles Canyon next weekend and COTA the week after.

Then there's an AutoX the same weekend, but don't really need brakes for that.

The Stoptech wore pretty well for 1 trackday and a few Autox. The rear were OEM brakes because i couldn't get Stoptech in time and they wore about the same.

Wish OEM brakes were as easy as the Stoptech to swap out. Especially when you realize you don't have a 13mm wrench and have to use an adjustable.

Took it out and bedded them. Did about 25 stops from 60-90 to 20

Also just going to keep these on for the street too

20220703_162443.jpg

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Installed the EQT coil grounding kit and will say the car does indeed feel smoother, especially with the A/C on. Was getting lots of idle NVH from the mounts (powerflex puck) when running A/C before and so far this seemed to make a decent difference
I got mine from a guy on FB for half the price and it makes twice the power as the EQT kit :D PM Acadia for details :ROFLMAO:

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Swapped out plugs - 10k on the tune and throttle i inlet pipe

Attachments

• 47DBF1B7-91A0-4C0F-976B-B68FB0EBA8C7.jpeg
    47DBF1B7-91A0-4C0F-976B-B68FB0EBA8C7.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 46
  • FC6A7C8D-E32B-4FC0-B7E4-F11854647A21.jpeg
    FC6A7C8D-E32B-4FC0-B7E4-F11854647A21.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 43
Reactions: krs

Missingparts

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI
do you have to remove the shifter boot to do this? I have PTSD from removing my mk6 boot and breaking the plastic rectangular piece that holds down the leather and for some god forsaken reason you cannot buy that tiny little piece of plastic by itself and it always made my shifter boot never fit quite right afterwards

Yes you do have to remove the boot and trim but it was really easy. I followed Humble Mechanics video and it took me about 10 minutes.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Drove it for the first time in 6 weeks. All smiles. Thing rips. I need new brakes though, they're making noise. I have rotors but I need pads, I'm thinking Hawk HPS.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Drove it for the first time in 6 weeks. All smiles. Thing rips. I need new brakes though, they're making noise. I have rotors but I need pads, I'm thinking Hawk HPS.

What pads do you currently have?

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I have Hawk HPS 5.0 and they aren’t anything special aside from being super dusty.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Put a new oil cap on.

Also got orings, but going to try without

Before
20220704_125557.jpg

After. Unfortunately 2 different angles, but it looks tighter at least
20220704_125532.jpg

Also got my GPS device attached to this windshield mount.

Attachments

• 20220704_125401.jpg
    20220704_125401.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 446

Ragdude

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 VW Golf SEL TDi
Longingly looked for it... but my son is in town for a few weeks and has been using it. Can't wait to get it back and give it a good washing.

Last edited: