GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
just finished installing an AliExpress steering wheel cover. My stock wheel looked like garbage. Best $17 I’ve spent so far.

Besides the fact that my finger tips hurt it was a pretty easy installation. I too the wheel off to do it so I could sit in the a/c and do it.

Attachments

• D57C9A61-03ED-4EFD-8C86-EFE469F23C0E.jpeg
    D57C9A61-03ED-4EFD-8C86-EFE469F23C0E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 73

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Checked the gap on my spark plugs and found the coil packs SUPER loose, I could take out by hand. I had installed a grounding kit in Feb and used M6x40mm bolts; put the stock bolts back. I guess thats why they're oval?

Proxima2

Go Kart Newbie
Installed NGK 95125 LFER7BHX plugs at about 27k miles. Noticed immediately a smoother idle and more power over the stock plugs. Might be my imagination....doubt it tho. Worried about removing the coil packs, I did this a near operating temps and the coil packs slid out nicely.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Checked the gap on my spark plugs and found the coil packs SUPER loose, I could take out by hand. I had installed a grounding kit in Feb and used M6x40mm bolts; put the stock bolts back. I guess thats why they're oval?

Interesting. I'll have to check mine.

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Installed the EQT coil grounding kit and will say the car does indeed feel smoother, especially with the A/C on. Was getting lots of idle NVH from the mounts (powerflex puck) when running A/C before and so far this seemed to make a decent difference

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Installed the EQT coil grounding kit and will say the car does indeed feel smoother, especially with the A/C on. Was getting lots of idle NVH from the mounts (powerflex puck) when running A/C before and so far this seemed to make a decent difference
This was a paid post