GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I'll tell you what I didn't do today.

I didn't install this sweet BFI dogbone insert.

I ordered it from USP, who has it listed as

BFI Torque Arm insert / Dogbone Insert Stage 1- Version 2 For MK7 / MQB Post 9/15 vehicles​

on their website. Well, since my car is a 2017 with a 9/16 manufacture date, and my GTI, which was a 2016 with a manufacture date of 1/16 and used the type 2 inserts, I didn't check my subframe. I just assumed it would be fine.

I mean, last time I checked, 9/16 is post 9/15, right?

Fuck. That's what I get for assuming...
Do you still have the V2 one or did you return it? If you still have it, I'll buy it from you lol. I should really replace my 034 insert that bent 4+ years ago thats still in there...

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Do you still have the V2 one or did you return it? If you still have it, I'll buy it from you lol. I should really replace my 034 insert that bent 4+ years ago thats still in there...

Sorry, it ended up going in the classifieds and was snatched pretty quickly.

DeuceMcgee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S DSG
@Treadup are those the OEM VW rotary wheels? looks great.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Sorry, it ended up going in the classifieds and was snatched pretty quickly.
No problem! I was very late to the party haha

Mk7tsi3door

Go Kart Newbie
I had a big dumb moment. I always jack my car up to change the wheels from the control arms cause I only have to jack it up a little to get the wheel off the ground. I changed my back brakes pads and rotors today, was cursing the whole time had no room to get the caliper carrier bolts off on the first side, moved over to the other side and realized my error, it went WAY smoother by jacking from the jack point to unload the suspension
dErP

Oscar_T10

Ready to race!
Car(s)
18 VW GTI SE 6 SP
Installed a new dogbone mount on the GTI.

Attachments

• Snapchat-1845684770.jpg
    Snapchat-1845684770.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 42

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
7878258B-71D4-46A2-A0E1-18267F117C24.jpeg

Not specifically for my R but graduated from a half broken IKEA plastic tote box of tools to this for carrying my tools to the track.

D9027635-697C-4BC2-B802-D99C99EB2958.jpeg

Also got to drive around the car a bit on my new track tire & wheel setup. I feel like I am driving a Mercedes W13 when going over bumps. It’s perfect.