GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Got the MBRP exhaust installed. Easily the best sounding exhaust I've heard for this car with a stock downpipe.
After my car got quieter with the Vortex im looking at exhaust systems to get a bit of the sound back. I wonder how it sounds with my MAP catted DP, price ain't bad either.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Trade it in.

What setup were you running?
FBO

Don't want to trade it in. Car means so much to me and the night blue color is not common

Man that really sucks, it looks like a foreign object / debris got inside the combustion chamber imo... Maybe something got inside the manifold during the carbon cleaning?
No carbon cleaning was not the issue

Probably not, if he was having misfires long before the carbon cleaning....
I was having misfires WAYY before a carbon cleaning

Black&WhiteGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'16 GTI '92 Miata
Today I remembered that GTI’s aren’t built super well.

Has anyone noticed how poorly fitted their weather strips are on the rear doors?

55EFE190-5040-49AC-941F-84720F147EB3.jpeg
D917500A-A96F-46DC-9DD4-4D61DADAD6C9.jpeg

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I mentioned I wasn't happy with some of the marks on them as one of the guys was passing by and he just kinda ignored it. I'm not a confrontation person at all and hate this shit. I've been on the other end of a lot more, but I find really easy to say no problem we'll address your concerns and make up for it. I had to stay in contact with them because of the tire problem anyway, so when I called them back to tell them tire rack wasn't covering it I brought up the marks again. That's when he said they'll come right off with a microfiber, but he hasn't seen it yet. He said he'd take a look on wednesday when they put on the tire they've ordered, but I think I'll send him another message tonight about it.

I think I'll just say how unhappy I am. Tell him I have to have them repaired and he can either help with the bill or not. See where he goes from there.
Man, I’m sorry for your experience. My wheels got trashed a few weeks back when I got new tires installed at the dealer.

also, today my gf and I picked up her car from the shop after we were hit in January. The front bumper is literally missing a piece of trim and the rear bumper has a terrible gouge from the top lip down to the diffuser That was not there when it was brought in.

walked back inside and they diffused the situation very well - they could tell before I walked in I was unhappy lol. I complimented the guy who noticed and offered to listen / help before I had to ask. Honestly one of the most taken-care-of
Today I remembered that GTI’s aren’t built super well.

Has anyone noticed how poorly fitted their weather strips are on the rear doors?

View attachment 245217View attachment 245218

Yeah I had weather strip issues on the passenger front on my 2015 GTI. Also on my 2019 Alltrack. Yep

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
Can you post an angle looking down? Tips seem to poke a good bit
In the pic I had them poking out but since have pushed them in closer to stock location.

That wrap looks amazing (I’m assuming it’s wrapped!)
Thank you! I did it myself
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/supermotos-gti-wrap-progress-log.395592/

After my car got quieter with the Vortex im looking at exhaust systems to get a bit of the sound back. I wonder how it sounds with my MAP catted DP, price ain't bad either.
I'm not sure how much you can tolerate but I would highly recommend a different system if you have a downpipe. Its essentially a straight pipe system with a helmholtz res that seems to help tidy up the tone, but a downpipe will absolutely scream. I had a catless DP with a borla s type system and it sounded superb.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Ceramic coated The new wheels in prep for installation Tomorrow. Have an appointment with my dads garage in the morning to install BFI stage 2 mounts, then a 2pm appointment to install the new wheels. Race day got canceled due to weather so I figured a parts install day was way overdue. will post before and after pics tomorrow.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
I'm not sure how much you can tolerate but I would highly recommend a different system if you have a downpipe. Its essentially a straight pipe system with a helmholtz res that seems to help tidy up the tone, but a downpipe will absolutely scream. I had a catless DP with a borla s type system and it sounded superb.
Definitely not looking for a screamer! Current plan is to eventually buy GTI Jake's stealth system.

Or maybe one of these to hold me over :ROFLMAO: 😅

dbaaj

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6sp DBP
After 2 yrs and 27K miles...I changed my wiper blade. I went with OEM since it cost me the same as buying them from fcpeuro.