GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Get a quality dp. That will sound wicked.
lol, Yeah the guy at the shop was disappointed to hear I was sticking with the stock dp. He really wanted to hear it with an aftermarket.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Got my pipes in.

View attachment 230070

View attachment 230071

The shop was happy with it. There wasn't a lot of messing with it to get things lined up straight, no messing with the tips, and they thought the sound was perfect.

My initial thoughts are I really like the gurgle that happens at low rpms. No loud pops or anything like that so that's good. It's definitely louder than the oem exhaust with a resonator delete, but it may not be as droney. The set up with the res delete just sounded like it had exhaust noises coming at you from every angle inside the cabin. While I feel the neuspeed exhaust is louder the sound you're hearing is mostly coming from behind you, where the sound is exiting the exhaust. It's not too crazy when I'm just puttin around town and staying under 3k rpms, but I think it's gonna really scream when you're on it. I have my oem exhaust in Looks good! Which exhaust is that?
lol, Yeah the guy at the shop was disappointed to hear I was sticking with the stock dp. He really wanted to hear it with an aftermarket.
I’ll give you a downpipe if you want.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
I flashed EQT Stage 1 93 and Cobb Sport DSG. I'm waiting for the EQT DSG.

First butt dyno impressions. Top end is similar to my dialed in JB4 map 6 but the overall experience is much smoother and the low end hits WAAAAY harder. I have a BFI dogbone insert that did wonders for the stock tune but now it's like it's not there. Motor mounts are next. No matter what TC I choose I gotta roll from a start.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I’ll give you a downpipe if you want.
😲 I wouldn't use it, but I appreciate it lol

This is the first car I didn't rip the cat out of right away. Maybe in a few years when I'm nearly done using the car and want to go crazy...but hopefully not. I wanted to keep it quieter, so not even a catback was part of my original plan.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I flashed EQT Stage 1 93 and Cobb Sport DSG. I'm waiting for the EQT DSG.

First butt dyno impressions. Top end is similar to my dialed in JB4 map 6 but the overall experience is much smoother and the low end hits WAAAAY harder. I have a BFI dogbone insert that did wonders for the stock tune but now it's like it's not there. Motor mounts are next. No matter what TC I choose I gotta roll from a start.
my bfi insert was pretty trashed after just a few months. sounds like its time to replace it with the powerflex

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Got a new shift knob, Ghost from LikeWise. Love everything about it so far, except having to force the adapter onto the shifter

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Got a new shift knob, Ghost from LikeWise. Love everything about it so far

Looks snazzy, what'd that run you? Is that Delrin? I'm super on the fence about an aftermarket shifter, I have the BFI knob on my mk4 and love it BUUUUUUUT I also kind of like the golfball shifter. How was installation?

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Looks snazzy, what'd that run you? Is that Delrin? I'm super on the fence about an aftermarket shifter, I have the BFI knob on my mk4 and love it BUUUUUUUT I also kind of like the golfball shifter. How was installation?
$140 for the knob, clamp adapter, and the boot retainer (the black ring piece).
It was delivered to my house from Australia in 5 days total from placing the order😲
Yes it's delrin outside with stainless steel inside. It replaced the Boomba delrin knob which was too low for my liking, and didn't shift as smoothly as the LikeWise despite being twice as heavy.
Installation was pretty simple and LikeWise includes instructions for each piece in case you need any clarification. The only problem I ran into was that the adapter they recommend on their fitment page was about 1mm too thin so I had to use a mallet to tap it down onto the shifter to get it to fit

Now that I have the adapter I plan on trying other knobs from them in the future, they got a few cool designs - https://wearelikewise.com

edit: costed $140, not $160

Last edited: