GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Put a fuel line back on

Gas smell in garage after I got home yesterday. Don't think anything of it as I had used pb blaster on my elliptical and it smells the same.

Try to start car this morning, no go. Then more gas smell. I ain't no expert, but figured it was fuel related.
Look under hood and trace the fuel to a line on passenger side that had gone loose. Reattach and it's been fine.

Anyone know what could cause that?

Lager_Ace

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Technically wasn’t today but finally installed the APR springs and wheels.
Great looking wheels and stance (y) Like the fine red pin stipe with the GTI as well.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Put a fuel line back on

Gas smell in garage after I got home yesterday. Don't think anything of it as I had used pb blaster on my elliptical and it smells the same.

Try to start car this morning, no go. Then more gas smell. I ain't no expert, but figured it was fuel related.
Look under hood and trace the fuel to a line on passenger side that had gone loose. Reattach and it's been fine.

Anyone know what could cause that?

What type of clamp are you using? Is it appropriately sized for the hose? Is the barb the correct size for the fuel line? If everything is correct it may have not been tight enough. Something to consider, everything kinda loosens up/gets settled in throughout a few heat cycles. You should be checking the first few heat cycles to make sure that everything is still tight after it expands and contracts a few times.

Lager_Ace

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Yea, my last 2 GTIs got coilovers pretty early on. I do wish the R was still slightly lower, especially in the back, but I love the DCC suspension and how it feels in race and comfort. It's harder to justify the cost when you like how the car drives and the upgrade is only for aesthetics. I liked how my GTI drove on eibach coilovers more than the stock suspension and I got the ride height I wanted so that worked out well on my mk6. I wouldn't want to lose DCC either, so that's some pretty expensive coilovers just to drop the car half an inch to an inch. Got no interest in replacing only the springs.
Agreed sterkrazzy,on my 4th year with my R and like how it rides on stock height.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
What type of clamp are you using? Is it appropriately sized for the hose? Is the barb the correct size for the fuel line? If everything is correct it may have not been tight enough. Something to consider, everything kinda loosens up/gets settled in throughout a few heat cycles. You should be checking the first few heat cycles to make sure that everything is still tight after it expands and contracts a few times.
I guess a picture is worth a 1000 words.
20210331_191800.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
A bottle of ONR and a bucket. No excuse.
Looking at the Chemical guys kit with the Mr. Sprayer and Ecosmart waterless:
1617237504735.png

Going to take her to a local auto spa first though. Looking to do a wash, clay, paint correction and ceramic. Then follow up with the waterless kit. (y)

Edit: The ONR kit pretty good? Was looking at that one too but Chemical guys tends to have pretty good sales.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Looking at the Chemical guys kit with the Mr. Sprayer and Ecosmart waterless:
View attachment 208653

Going to take her to a local auto spa first though. Looking to do a wash, clay, paint correction and ceramic. Then follow up with the waterless kit. (y)

Edit: The ONR kit pretty good? Was looking at that one too but Chemical guys tends to have pretty good sales.
I've had a gallon of ONR for years. It's great stuff. I use CG for lots of other stuff, but why mess with success?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Technically wasn’t today but finally installed the APR springs and wheels.
That's interesting. My car has more rake with the same springs.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Finally pulled the trigger on power folding mirrors, switch, and aspherical glass from e-acca. First time tackling a project like that myself, a little nervous but there seem to be a ton of videos and DIYs online so hoping it's pretty straightforward.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Finally pulled the trigger on power folding mirrors, switch, and aspherical glass from e-acca. First time tackling a project like that myself, a little nervous but there seem to be a ton of videos and DIYs online so hoping it's pretty straightforward.
Good luck, plastic scares the shit out of me.