GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Sold my 05 GTI 1.8T (owned from new) and bought a 2020 GTI SE a couple weeks ago.
Installed the audi jack pad kit so I can get it on the lift.

nice. Good for you for sticking with it so long. I got my first car in May 2011, 2nd car in June 2011 (sister wrecked my first one), 3rd April 2013, 4th February 2015, 5th March 2017, 6th April 2020.

I plan on driving my current car, the Alltrack, into the ground (doubt I’ll make it 15 years - 10 is the goal).

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
nice. Good for you for sticking with it so long. I got my first car in May 2011, 2nd car in June 2011 (sister wrecked my first one), 3rd April 2013, 4th February 2015, 5th March 2017, 6th April 2020.

I plan on driving my current car, the Alltrack, into the ground (doubt I’ll make it 15 years - 10 is the goal).

Out of my 16 Volkswagen this is the only one I’ve kept over two years.

Five years in, still never plan to sell the trusty ol Mk7 (just wish I would’ve kept some of the old ones around).

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion

Five years in, still never plan to sell the trusty ol Mk7 (just wish I would’ve kept some of the old ones around).
how do you keep it warm in your garage? looks like its just a big metal building? did you go with a mini split or you run propane heaters?

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI

Literally same lol.

First car was the car that sparked my love for VWs, an 08 MK5 Jetta, Salsa Red. Fantastic car. I had the choice between that or buying out my Dad’s also-08 TL for also-$17K (arguably more raw value in the TL, esp with near identical mileage as well). I chose the dub, as it had soul, character, and style that I didn’t think the TL had. Unfortunately - the MK6 Jetta with same eng+trans I bought when my sister wrecked my MK5 a month after getting it, was an abhorrent piece of shit (no warranty issues, just looked, drove like, and was low quality)

Got a 2012 MK6 GTI, that was a lemon. Got a 2015 MK7 2-door SE that I was in love with, like my first Jetta, that my dumb ass understeered into the curb on an on-ramp with 1700 miles on the clock. That never drove the same, so I got another 2015 GTI DSG because I wanted to tune and didn’t want to deal with the manual clutches. That car was kinda like my 2011 Jetta - never had a single mechanical issue, I just couldn’t stand how it drove, it didn’t get good gas mileage.

i had been looking forward to getting an Alltrack since they were announced in the fall of 2014, and the car has yet to disappoint (aside from being at the dealer for 6 weeks for back-ordered sunrooffall frame replacement)

parallax

Ready to race!
Installed an S Tronic shift knob this morning. It's slightly heavier than the OEM knob, which is perfect for me. Shifts feel very nice with the added weight and traditional ball design.

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Installed an S Tronic shift knob this morning. It's slightly heavier than the OEM knob, which is perfect for me. Shifts feel very nice with the added weight and traditional ball design.
I know not the point, but gorgeous photos! Perfect shallow depth of field and focus points 👍

parallax

Ready to race!
Nice knob, but I can't imagine a heavier one would make much difference "shifting " a DSG.

100% agree if you're using "shifting" in the context of performance. If that's the case, then a "ball design" would not make much of a difference either. The extra weight requires less effort on shifts. It's only fractions of a difference in terms of feel but very noticeable, especially after running the OEM knob for 4 years.

HstephenG

Go Kart Champion
Washed and decontaminated it this afternoon. Clay bar, polish, and wax/sealant (depending on what old product I end up using) planned tomorrow / Christmas Eve. Nice to finally give it a full detail and also work out / use up some old detailing products I have... only took me 18 months...
IMG_2838.jpgIMG_2839.jpg

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Permanently retired my car from work truck duty today. Yay!
Really needs a thorough shampoo and interior detailing before putting the seats back in.
Attractive single ladies the world over, will at last get their dream opportunity to ride shotgun. ;)

Before:

7-20-4.jpg

20201024_145250.jpg

After:

retired.jpg